Description McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care. We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career. Current Need Account Executive - Rheumatology/Gastro - Multi Specialty Sales Position Description The Account Executive (AE) role is a field based position responsible for managing top tier customer account relationships in a defined territory. The AE will educate customers and drive adoption of McKesson Specialty Health’s suite of technology and value-added services that will enhance customer efficiencies, profitability, and revenue. Additionally, the AE will ensure expansion of drug portfolio both through new product launches and existing products. This role will be selling and engaging at the C-Level within community based Urology practices as well as our largest Specialty Pharmacy accounts, ensuring a positive customer experience. The Account Executive is also responsible for successfully coordinating the transition of accounts from the Business Development Executives (BDE) at the appropriate time. Account Executives must understand macro and micro healthcare dynamics, business fundamentals and physician motivation to develop strategies to optimize current customer success and attract new business. The AE acts as a liaison internally between McKesson business units to identify areas for collaboration generate awareness, and coordination of objectives. Externally, the AE networks with pharmaceutical manufacturers, physician groups and other industry players. Critical success factors require account executives to develop internal and external customer relationships, develop teams to identify and/or capture opportunities that ultimately provide value to customers. The ability to navigate matrix organizations with a variety of products and services to align customer needs with internal solutions is important.
1. Day-to-day account management, relationship building, selling and troubleshooting external customer issues by collaborating withinternal team members. Works with operations, finance, customer care, GPO, generics, sales effectiveness, contracts, and legal among other internal teams.
2. Successfully manage an assigned sales territory by driving the sales process to expand valued added services, expand wallet share, and increase overall gross profit. Interpret, analyze, and deliver Quarterly Business Reviews to assess customer needs and presents value added services of MSPL to key decision makers. Analysis of sales reports and customer trends to proactively identify and capture opportunities.
3. Build profitable business relationships with physicians/clinicians and administrators to drive the adoption of MSPL technology and other value-added services and increase MSPL partnership role.
4. Develop a knowledge base of the marketplace, business environment, physician practice dynamics and customer concerns to drive consultative selling approach. Share best practices with team members to enhance skills of others, improve MSPL and increase leadership/mentor skills.
5. Win new business opportunities through strategic acquisition that meets or exceeds sales objectives. Collaborates with other business functions within McKesson Specialty Health to drive integrated selling opportunities/solutions to closure.
6. Facilitate resolution of customer issues including working proactively with MSPL Credit/Collections to help resolve financial matters and manage risk.
5 plus years of sales experience.
4-yeardegreerequired preferably with an emphasis in sales and marketing, business management, or healthcare related field or equivalent experience in a sales position.
Critical Skills ]
• 2-5 years sales experience preferably in the healthcare setting preferably within the pharmaceutical/biotech, healthcare distribution, healthcare technology or medical device/supply sales space. Consultative selling experience to the specialty physician market highly preferred. Minimum 2-year record of sales success, emphasizing development of new business
• Experience in and demonstrated understanding of healthcare and distribution, GPO, community-based care, industry trends, EHRs, inventory management technologies, billing and coding, private and public reimbursement models and payer contracting highly desired
• Experience with pharmaceutical products and buy-and-bill model
• Experience with Customer Knowledge, Winning New Business, Account Expansion, Finance and Business Acumen, Sales Forecasting and Market Intelligence
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
• alesforce.com or CRM software experience helpful.
• Proven consultative selling capabilities.
• Motivation to excel and achieve sales results.
• Strong strategic thinking/planning and market assessment skills.
•Team player with strong interpersonal and resource management skills.
• Innovative/creative approach to sales/business solutions.
• Proven consultative selling capabilities
• Motivation to excel and achieve sales results
• Strong strategic thinking/planning and market assessment skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of effective pre-call planning/needs assessments
• Capable of preparing and delivering professional sales presentations to divergent audiences
• Ability to identify all decision makers and gain a commitment
• Negotiation and closing skills to effectively to secure deals beneficial to McKesson and the customer
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and develop relationships at all organizational levels
• Effective account management and account transition skills Physical Requirements General Office Demands