HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Advocacy Relations Senior Manager - EnterpriseLiveWhat you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will report to the Advocacy Relations Director, Enterprise Strategy. This position may be remote with travel anticipated in the future.
The Advocacy Relations Senior Manager - Enterprise will lead implementation of patient advocacy collaborations which support U.S. business priorities as aligned to the enterprise advocacy portfolio which includes health equity, biosimilars, value and access and patient engagement in early clinical development. The Senior Manager will work collaboratively with external third-party organizations to align on shared implementation plans and deliverables. As such, the Senior Manager will build and sustain trusting and effective working partnerships with patient advocacy leaders and their communities.Responsibilities of the Advocacy Relations Senior Manager - Enterprise include:
WinWhat we expect of you
- Build and maintain long term, substantive relationships with patient groups and other key partners based on values of trust, respect and transparency.
- Coordinate cross-therapeutic efforts to engage U.S. advocacy community to elevate the patient voice within regulatory affairs priorities such as innovative clinical trial design, impact of COVID-19 on drug development, expedited regulatory pathways, and clinical endpoints.
- Support the implementation of the advocacy relations strategy for Amgen advocacy's support of health equity, biosimilars and value and access initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional planning and implementation of external Amgen-hosted events
- Build and embed capabilities within Amgen to effectively manage long-term partner relationships.
- Design channel to disseminate patient insights and advocacy meeting outcomes cross-functionally and over time.
- Identify opportunities to host programs at major congresses/ conferences for the U.S. advocacy community that advance priority programs and corporate thought leadership.
- Spearhead stakeholder capacity building programs with the U.S. advocacy community using thought leaders/subject matter experts (including Amgen staff) based on local priorities/needs.
- Lead efforts to communicate both externally and internally the value and impact of U.S. Advocacy Relations and coordinate across regions.
- Bring the voice of patients into Amgen's capabilities, including Clinical Trial Design, Direct-to-Patient Marketing, Corporate Affairs, Policy, and Value and Access
- Work cross-functionally as a strong partner and collaborator with global and US teams including Marketing, Medical, Value and Access, Policy, R&D and Corporate Affairs
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The highly-motivated professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree and 2 years of marketing and/or patient advocacy and/or project management experienceOr
Master's degree and 4 years of marketing and/or patient advocacy and/or project management experienceOr
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of marketing and/or patient advocacy and/or project management experienceOr
Associate's degree and 10 years of marketing and/or patient advocacy and/or project management experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of marketing and/or patient advocacy and/or project management experienceThriveWhat you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
Apply nowfor a career that defies imagination
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.