The Cardiac Management Solutions division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops products to protect and manage cardiac patients, including the LifeVest® wearable cardioverter defibrillator (WCD), the ZOLL cardiac monitor, and associated technologies.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S. At ZOLL, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need. To date, the LifeVest WCD has been worn by hundreds of thousands of patients and saved thousands of lives.
ZOLL has been Pittsburgh's Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA's Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh's Coolest Offices. But it's our unique opportunity to impact people's lives that makes ZOLL the ideal place to build your career.
Fueled by the success of the business, the ZOLL R&D team is growing rapidly. ZOLL's ongoing investment in Research and Development aims to further increase the array of clinical products and applications in tandem with expanding the population of cardiac patients that may be helped by our products. Our Pittsburgh based R&D group is comprised of an exceptional team of talented, collaborative, and driven individuals focused on developing real world solutions through the creative and intelligent use of technology that helps to improve patient lives.
We are actively seeking technical contributors at all levels and across many disciplines (including enterprise/web and embedded software, electrical/hardware, mechanical/industrial, test, systems engineering, project/program management, human factors, systems analysis, and technical writing among others). You will be developing new and improved products and services, solving technically challenging problems, and working with an outstanding team of technical professionals who are dedicated to protecting patients from sudden cardiac death and saving lives.
The specific duties vary across roles. However, there are some common traits applicable to all:
- You need to be well grounded in your technical discipline, ideally through a mix of education and a demonstrated successful track record of performance.
- Your passion for your craft will be obvious. You need to be able to juggle multiple responsibilities at once in an exciting, invigorating environment of rapid growth.
- You must be able to achieve timely results under high standards of workmanship that are accountable to both regulatory agencies and ultimately our patients.
Here are some specific opportunities currently available at ZOLL. We have multiple positions open at each level. If any of these positions sound like a fit for you, please send us a paragraph or two with specific examples explaining why along with your resume. Job purpose
This position will be responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of software test plans, test cases and test reporting. This individual must possess experience with software testing in all phases of the software development lifecycle. The candidate must have in-depth knowledge of industry accepted software quality assurance standards and methodologies. This position will be responsible for leading and directing software testing activities for medium to large projects, and must demonstrate increased technical competence and personal productivity including the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Duties and responsibilities
- Ability to lead the testing activities for projects and provide status on those activities
- Test web based software, web services and mobile applications
- Designs and reviews test plans and test cases
- Execute and maintain test plans and test cases to verify the design meets the specified requirements
- Identify and communicate risk throughout the software development lifecycle and works cross-functionally to mitigate risk
- Identify and point out ambiguities in requirements
- Generate detailed defect reports for failed tests
- Assist Development teams with the troubleshooting of defects
- Facilitates cross-functional defect, test plan and test case reviews
- Provide estimates on the test effort for work items
- Participate in program, design and document reviews
- Mentor and train new and less experienced staff members
- Researches and develops a solid understanding of the proposed requirements and engineering specifications for the product features being implemented
- Adheres to department software release schedules.
- Complies with regulatory guidelines and maintain associated documentation
- Ensures and documents traceability from requirements to tests
• Monitor test automation results for assigned application
- Development and maintenance of automated test scripts
- Works closely with automation test engineers to define automated test processes and tools to support device verification/validation testing
- Recommend new solutions, processes and tools to improve testing capabilities and efficiency
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; stay current on SQA best practices; participating in professional societies
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- B.S. Computer Science or other related technical discipline.
- Equivalent experience considered in lieu of a technical degree
- 13 + years of experience testing software including testing of web based applications and services
- 3 + years of leading testing activities on software projects
- Strong engineering competence, including the ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Able to write basic SQL queries
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium, SpecFlow, Cucumber
- Experience testing web services using tools such as Postman, SoapUI, Swagger
- Experience with software development build and deployment tools such as TFS, GitLab, Octopus, Jenkins, Bamboo etc.
Typically the work hours required for this position are weekdays during traditional business hours. Occasionally weekend or evening work may be require depending on project demands. Physical requirements
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Supervisory responsibility
None AAP/EEO Statement
ZOLL is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace, where unique identities, backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences are respected and valued.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran