Technical professional who contributes significantly to the design, test, development, and/or support of systems. The Advisory Software Engineer provides technical direction and leadership in the development of integrated system products. Decisions affect the overall success of the project and directly impact financial performance, image, schedules, and customer satisfaction Limited direction and general instruction on new assignments. Work evaluated upon completion.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scope of work encompasses multiple components, or a complex component, of a software product or solution.
- Solves complex software engineering problems within the company. Uses judgment within defined policies and practices.
- Ensures design and code development incorporates latest technologies and maximizes resources.
- Makes decisions and recommendations on priorities, design changes, improvements, and problem resolution.
- Defines, recommends, and implements software alternatives and solutions which will achieve a high level of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Advises other professionals on complex software product issues related to own discipline.
- Leads professional teams and significant project planning activities, ensuring that development is completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Accountable for completion of team or departmental results and activities and or projects involving multi functional teams on or ahead of schedule while achieving or improving cost and quality objectives.
- Decisions have a direct and significant effect on project/team objectives and directly impact customer satisfaction, cost, quality and expense
- Provides on-going technical guidance and leadership for software development projects within the team or functional area.
- Thoroughly understands and effectively executes existing software development processes and procedures and develops new approaches as appropriate.
- Actively participates in defining and deciding upon objectives which support the changing business needs.
- Contributes to development of organizational goals. Failure to accomplish would normally have serious results and substantial additional l resources to correct.
- Ensures accurate and thorough documentation is maintained for the project.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Has professional and in-depth knowledge of software development, system/product design, and integration; typically acquired via significant professional experience.
- Requires a BS degree in engineering and experience specific to the engineering discipline.
Req Number 19-01743