Your key responsibilities
A successful Program Management Manager will work with our clients to establish a PMO or EPMO infrastructure to mobilize and manage programs by applying a proven PMO framework and methodology based on industry recognized global standards. You will team with engagement leadership to design, establish and operate day to day program and governance structures tracking performance, status and benefit realization across workstreams. You will support a knowledgeable team with experience in planning, controlling and executing complex programs and PMO's.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of clients and colleagues, at all levels
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counseling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
- In line with our commitment to quality, you'll consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of a high quality. Your role in leading teams or parts of teams on engagements will depend on the size of engagement and will be under responsibility of higher levels. They will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate
- Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to serve client needs
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's or master's degree
- Approximately 5+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience providing advisory services in leading Program Management function in at least one of the following areas: PMO/EPMO design/set up and delivery, Program road-mapping design, PMO maturity assessment, End-to End ERP implementation, End-to End PPM implementation.
- Proven success in leading and developing a team of staff/senior consulting professionals
- PPM Tool expertise such as: Clarity, Primavera, MS Projects, MS Server, Plainview, Niku HP
- PM Methodology expertise such as: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
- Experience supporting and participating in pursuit efforts. Experience with the end-to-end RFP process (RFP, Response, Proposal, Client Presentation, SOW and Execution) and understanding of client procurement processes
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- A valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness to travel to meet client needs and ability to travel internationally; travel is estimated at 80%
Ideally, you'll also have
- A bachelors or masters degree with an emphasis in Computer Systems, Engineering, Economics and/or Business. CPA, PMP, Six Sigma and/or Certified SAP Solution Manager
- Sector experience in areas such as Media and Entertainment, Life Sciences, Oil and Gas, and Consumer Products.