The successful candidate will develop and support applications for the Product Control. Your expertise will enhance the Global Wholesale Operations. You will develop programs to enhance existing application of THOR or other new applications utilizing MS SQL technologies on the MS Windows platform, as well as Java and Oracle on the Unix platform.
1. Develop cost effective and efficient applications to meet business objectives by analyzing user requirements, providing technical specifications and designs, developing detailed work-plans, scheduling technical resources, monitoring progress against plan and developing/maintaining programs according to standards. The incumbent must ensure software, programs and applications developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
2. Provide production and user acceptance testing application support to complex technical problems on all assigned applications and technology that serve each business unit by analyzing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support.
3. Implement new systems or enhancements by reviewing programs written by team members, establishing and executing system test procedures, developing implementation plans, developing the required program and system documentation and ensuring all functionality has been delivered as required.
4. Maintain a good understanding of the Division's business strategies, business policies, financial instruments, risk management and back-office processing.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of hands-on technical working experience with systems development utilizing the following technologies - Java (J2EE, Core Java and Swing); PL/SQL for stored procedures, functions & queries.
- Must have hands-on technical working experience with web containers; WebLogic or Tomcat; UNIX or Linux OS & Oracle/MSSQL relational databases.
- Must have demonstrated technical working experience in creating or modifying object oriented design using industry design patterns.
- Must have advanced communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Hands-on technical working experience with Web Services, utilizing either SOAP or RESTful APIs.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- Hands-on technical working experience with Microservices and Cloud container-based technologies (e.g. Docker) is an asset.
Requisition ID: 21758