We are currently looking for a dynamic individual as an Advisor, Systems Management for our EH&S organization at our Advanced Technology Center located in The Woodlands, Texas.
As a Systems Management Advisor, you will be responsible for managing the functionality, development and maintenance of all PESH IT systems and databases including the SAP-EHS database, GAIA. These systems and tools are essential for the control of the regulatory compliance for Huntsman and the global product range.
What will be expected from you?
- Acts as business process owner (BPO) for PEHS systems as assigned.
- In collaboration with Global Systems & Data Management team members, establishes standards and guidelines for data entry, and procedures and training in support of established standards
- Responsible along with other PEHS team members for functional support of planned system upgrades and changes, including user acceptance testing (UAT). Works with other team members for completing various UATs and/or manages the testing program for specific projects as appropriate.
- Responsible along with other team members for managing the implementation of updates received from content provider (regulatory data, templates, and rules). Complete impact assessment and develop plan for updating Global SDSs and labels that are affected by the update.
- Responsible for ongoing auditing and validation that data standards are followed.
- Supports users through training and communication, including for new or changed system functionality.
- Executes standard reports as developed by the SDMT Analyst/Advisor HSIMS expert, and trains PEHS associates on their use so they can run them on their own. Creates simplified HSIMS reports for users.
- Manages (BPO) the Vendor SDS system. Works with local administrators on any updates to the system, completes training, assists new plants using the system and works with the content provider on keeping the chemical inventory systems and SDSs in sync.
- Responsible in working with the PEHS IT LPI Administrator. Problem solves LPI for the Americas region.
What are we looking for in the ideal Candidate?
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering with 3 years of relevant experience
- At least 3 years in the PEHS domain (SAP-EHS, Regulatory Compliance, General Product Stewardship Support, Hazard Communication, Toxicology, Risk Assessment)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of EHS systems or databases
- Excellent IT skills.
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English essential