Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
At Elanco, Solution Architecture is the practice of defining the architecture of a specific digital solution, covering Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Commercial-of-the-Shelf (CotS) and/or Custom Developed. Solution Architecture combines guidance from different enterprise architecture viewpoints (e.g. Business Process, Information, Application and Technology), resulting in a secure, scalable design that enables a specific business outcome.
This role will facilitate Elanco IT on its journey to modern product focused engineering helping to shape our future business and defining a future of technology products. The role is part of the SolutionOps (Solution Delivery and Operations) team with close partnership with product managers in BRM (Business Relationship Management), DataOps and TechOps essential.
The Solution Architect role provides technical thought leadership, contributing to the business vision, with the autonomy to make key design decisions, as well as influence technology investments. Therefore, the Solution Architect role requires technical breadth and depth (specifically application architecture and software engineering), as well as a proven track record of enterprise delivery.
To be successful, the Solution Architect role requires a highly motivated individual, with an innovative mindset and a willingness to drive tangible outcomes. The individual must be able to articulate complex technical topics, influencing a range of stakeholders (e.g. IT Leadership, Engineers, etc.)
Finally, as a technical leader, the Solution Architect role will partner closely with the Senior architect and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and the Enterprise Architecture Community (EAC), helping to define, embed and scale Solution Architecture standards, patterns and accelerators, whilst also looking to identify innovation opportunities (e.g. Automation, etc.)
- Partner with SolutionOps leadership, Snr. Solution Architect and the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to define, embed and scale SolutionOps, including governance, processes, etc.
- Lead the process to define, embed and scale the Solution Architecture standards, patterns, accelerators, etc.
- Partner with solution teams to create modern digital solution designs that are technological sound, avoid technical debt, guarantee compliance and enable the required business outcome.
- Implement and support Line of Business applications (Software-as-a-Service and Commercial-of-the-Shelf), covering commodity/highly industrialized business processes.
- Partner with the Enterprise Architecture Community (EAC), ensuring all digital solutions adhere with the enterprise architecture principles, declaration and reference architecture.
- Influence IT investments, helping to maximize existing investments (strategic partnerships), whilst ensuring architectural compatibility.
- Identify opportunities to modernize and optimize the IT ecosystem, specifically digital solutions supporting business functions.
- Identify and position new techniques and technologies that drive Solution Architecture efficiencies, including automation, etc.
- Influence the Elanco Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), including supporting automation direction to remove repetitive work from app teams and drive strong compliance to standard patterns and principles defined.
- Embed security, privacy, data protection and quality assurance across all digital solutions.
- Establish strong partnerships with peers across Business Facing IT (Business Relationship Management), DataOps and TechOps, looking to anticipate needs, influence direction and proactively deliver digital solutions.
- Establish and maintain a symbiotic relationship with DataOps, delivering a clear connection between applications (SolutionOps) and data (DataOps).
- Advise on key initiatives, supporting solution delivery teams across the product lifecycle.
- Where required, deep dive key initiatives to help overcome technical incidents, complex problems and/or realize opportunities.
- Establish strong partnerships with key service integrators (vendors), helping to ensure technical competency and architecture alignment.
- Establish a strong partnership with Information Security, identifying opportunities/risks.
- Proactively engage with the IT community (internally and externally) across multiple channels, looking to share, represent, educate and inspire.
- Serve as a coach for IT Analysts/Engineers to advance individuals’ technical acumen.
- Lead community sharing sessions, including webinars, hackathons, etc.
- Actively build and stay abreast of emerging technology directions (specifically application architecture), guiding IT and the Business on how to interpret and best leverage emerging technologies.
- Use modern product approaches to influence and shape he business through partnership with BRM (Business Relationship Management) utilizing modern product approaches such as rapid prototyping and embedding a ‘show them, don’t tell them’ culture.
- Assist the Snr. Architect and Engineering Lead in the stand up and creation of an innovation rapid response engineering squad to facilitate ideation and business idea shaping around technology products and investments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology.
- 5+ years of experience working with modern application architecture methodologies (Service Orientated Architecture, API-Centric Design, Twelve-Factor App, FAIR, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience working with Cloud Native design patterns, with a preference towards Microsoft Azure / Google Cloud
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering digital solutions following a product-mindset and a variety of delivery methodologies (e.g. Agile, CCPM, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience working within a “DevSecOps” culture, including modern software development practices, covering Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Test-Driven Development (TDD), etc.
- Experience delivering and supporting key Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers, specifically Workday, ServiceNow, Veeva CRM (Salesforce.com, Veeva Vault, Kentico Software, etc.
- Experience supporting digital platforms, including Integrations, Release Management, Regression Testing, Integrations, Data Obfuscation, etc.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning, specifically SAP S4/HANA.
- Experience scaling an “API-Ecosystem”, designing and implementing “API-First” integration patterns.
- Experience working with authentication and authorization protocols/patterns.
- Experience defining and implementing large-scale, transformative digital solutions.
- Demonstrated influence and communication skills across all levels of IT and third parties.
- Experience working in complex, diverse landscapes (business, technology, regulatory, partners, providers, geographies, etc.)
- Strong organizational and communications skills with multiple examples of being able to convey complex technical topics, that resulted in a definitive direction.
- Proven track record as a coach and/or mentor in developing technical skills.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Other Information: Occasional travel may be required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status