Provides product planning in support of business opportunities, marketing and life cycle management. Collaborates across functions to acheive objectives on business or technical presentations, pricing strategies, and product launch. Coordinates portfolio of services, acts as a technical consultant on larger and more complex product design, implementation, enhancement and integration projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates product planning and support on larger highly complex projects typically involving multi-product customer environments, where design is highly complex, to ensure client business needs are met.
- Analyzes customer business requirements, product market opportunities and the competitive landscape to develop and ensure that products meet customer needs. Ensures that appropriate company resources are assigned to projects to complete tasks according to plan. Establishes milestones and deliverables and coordinates completion of the various aspects of the product deliverables.
- Estimates time frames and quality and quantity of resources required to implement project; develops plans incorporating project variables to ensure that project is completed in a cost effective manner. Establishes criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs to deliver product. Coordinates product lifecycle as necessary to ensure client needs are met.
- Engages in negotiating agreements with vendors in support of product marketing objectives.
- Collaborates with various personnel to identify potential uses for products and technologies and marketing strategies to ensure that product meets business needs. Works closely with and provides subject matter expertise to functional architects to ensure that product design and deployment meet client and company guidelines. Identifies issues or concerns and provides advice and counsel regarding alternative courses of action.
- Develops and recommends specific marketing and sales positioning information and collateral. Evaluates and responds to market changes to ensure product success.
- Identifies and recommends products, technologies and vendors that meet the budgetary constraints of the projects/programs. Acts as a liaison between clients and company; provides insight and advice to customers concerning applicability of specific products/technologies.
- Informs management of considerations involved in selecting technology vendors and provides information on best practices, innovations and trends for products to ensure that company products meet competitive market demands.
- Provides insight and advice to customers concerning applicability of specific products/technologies to ensure clients make informed decisions regarding company products and services. Identifies alternative solutions or approaches to support client needs.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master's degree in marketing or business administration, or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of experience in information technology product management, software development, technical support, or consulting
- Experience working in sales and marketing of technical products, and families of technologies
- Experienceworking with the product development life cycle and business processes as they impact overall product plans
- Experienceworking with technology architecture, mainframes, scheduling software, and other related technologies
- Experienceworking with client business and technology requirements and company software and hardware products and services
- Experienceworking with development tools, processes, approaches and/or techniques
- Experienceworking with programming design, programming concepts and coding languages
- Strong organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Leadership skills
- Strong communication skills to communicate with clients, support personnel and management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with relational databases
- Ability to mentor and direct work of less experienced specialists and other team members
- Willingness to travel