The People Operations Advisor, under general direction, is responsible for providing hands on broad-based Human Resources support and services to a defined segment of the Organization. Duties will include (but not limited to); employee relations, performance management, facilitation/stewardship of People Operations (HR) initiatives, and legal compliance. This a full-service, hands-on Generalist type of role. The successful person will work closely with like HR roles in providing calibrated and aligned services.
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Supports business initiatives through effective execution of HR programs and processes.
- Supports the business and employees to resolve employee relations issues.
- Administer and provide guidance and interpretation to employees and management staff regarding People Operation programs, policies and procedures.
- Answer questions and liaison with third party providers, as required in order to bring resolution. Investigates employee work place situations including employee performance issues and/or claims of misconduct.
- Manages projects and/or participates as a project member on initiatives as assigned.
- Participates in talent review processes.
- Inspects, develops if necessary and ensures consistent programs such as orientation, training, roll-outs, etc., to maintain consistency throughout the organization.
- Collects and synthesizes employee feedback and information to ensure continuous improvement Process employment transactions, including new hires, promotions, transfers, terminations and other changes in status.
- Process worker’s compensation claims and follow up for risk management for assigned employee groups. Ensure proper reporting, tracking and follow-up.
- Oversee leaves of absences in coordination with third-party vendor, Benefits Manager and department managers to ensure that employees have appropriate information with regard to impending leave situations, systems are updated to indicate leave of absence and that appropriate medical releases are obtained when employee returns.
- Assist with administering Americans with Disabilities (ADA) accommodations.
- Work closely with Safety Coordinator and Committee to develop and implement safety standards and metrics for the manufacturing group that will result in a proactive safety environment in the Americas offices.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
Other Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations (including Reception coverage), as required or directed to maintain work flow and meet production schedules and requirements.
- Maintain safe work areas and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Recommend revisions to control documentation such as production check lists, operating procedures and policy manuals.
- Make and distribute authorized modifications as required.
- Maintain work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Tools and equipment used:
Computer, related peripherals, common office equipment
This position requires:
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in Human Resources (strongly preferred), psychology, business, management or related field, OR appropriate combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 Years of Human Resources work experience
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Experience with HRIS systems; Workday and/or ServiceNow a plus
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other commonly-used applications.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Proficient in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain objectivity when dealing with sensitive personnel issues and problematic situations.
- Must be able to work with all levels of the organization in a confidential and professional manner.
- High level of reliability, follow-through, discretion and integrity.
- Understands priorities and meets all required deadlines in a timely fashion.