The position’s primary responsibility will be to support and help scale AARP’s BankSafe initiative through marketing and communication strategies. This position will work closely with partners (banking associations, non-profit aging organizations, banks, credit unions, and other financial firms) through the BankSafe initiative to provide tools and resources to encourage financial industry employees to identify and stop financial exploitation.
Position will work closely and collaboratively with the staff lead for AARP’s BankSafe initiative to execute the BankSafe strategy. Responsibilities include:
- Organizing and overseeing state workshops and other events to build and support the development of the BankSafe initiative. Tasks include creating documented procedures for BankSafe events and workshop activities; coordinating and planning the details of events including preparing agendas, providing event details to speakers, securing and coordinating equipment and linguistics of events; documenting meeting discussion, key takeaways, and next steps; messaging development, and facilitating discussion.
- Cultivating and maintaining effective relationships with external partners.
- Developing and implementing training and technical assistance materials, as well as outreach and marketing activities, campaigns, and strategies to build and promote the BankSafe initiative. This could include creating communications materials, outcome tracking tools, action plan templates, reports, infographics, tip sheets, talking points, and making presentations and providing technical support.
- Providing technical assistance on the BankSafe initiative both on-site and through conference calls and webinars to lead partners.
- Helping to coordinate and supervise work with off-site vendors including, communication firms, graphic designers and public relation groups, and providing quality control on contracted vendors’ work related to outreach.
- Working with other AARP departments to appropriately promote BankSafe events and workshops, as appropriate, and develop and implement plans to enhance dissemination of the BankSafe initiative materials and resources
- Working with internal stakeholders to keep them informed about BankSafe developments and progress.
- Completion of an advanced degree and 6+ years of experience in implementing complex programs or projects; or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the duties of the position.
- Experience working with the financial industry, an understanding of the issues around financial exploitation, and/or a communications background is desired.
- A positive, proactive attitude.
- Demonstrated experience with planning and managing projects, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and projects.
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and work accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications as well as organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively one on one and in-group settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels and across multiple departments.
- Willingness and ability to take initiative, problem solve, work independently, learn from others, and be flexible.