Adventure Program Manager - Cycling
5 - 7 years experience •
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to the success of REI Adventures through the strategic management of an adventure travel cycling program assortment, designing and managing unique adventure travel cycling programs operated through an international and/or domestic vendor network and marketed through REI.
The Cycling Program Manager (CPM) serves as a subject matter expert on adventure travel, develops strategic assortment plans, builds and manages vendor relationships, designs new programs, and drives the program quality assurance process, maximizing customer satisfaction, sustainable tourism efforts, sales, and profitability.
The CPM reports to and works closely with the Program Development and Operations Manager on strategic assortment planning to ensure that all financial goals in assigned regions are met or exceeded. This includes negotiating all product pricing and annual inventory planning, as well as identifying targeted product development opportunities, identifying and onboarding new vendors and assuming a lead role in risk management, due diligence and the RFP process to ensure that the REI brand is protected. The CPM is responsible for crafting itineraries that meet or exceed REI Adventures program standards and provide a unique and brand-appropriate experience.
The CPM conducts formal quality assurance assessment and reporting, closely monitoring field operations, program quality, sustainability feedback, and customer feedback on all programs within assigned regions on a regular basis. The CPM works to maximize the quality of the customer experience and create unique value for the business and the brand. All REI Adventures’ programs must meet or exceed high quality standards and goals.
Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Strategic Assortment Planning & Program Development
- Work with the Manager, Program Development and Operations to recommend, develop and create REI cycling adventure assortment strategy.
- Align plans with growth targets and organizational strategic priorities.
- Monitor industry trends and competitors.
- Participate in industry events and attend applicable trade shows
- Formulate new product recommendations including destination selection, program type, activity, activity level, target net cost and retail price, and initial sales forecasts.
- Research and design unique and compelling adventure travel cycling programs to support strategy.
- Adhere to REI Adventures’ New Trip Development processes and timelines.
- Continually seek out new vendors capable of creating unique and compelling products.
- Recruit, screen, select, and on-board new vendors in compliance with REI Adventures’ standards.
- Assess vendor field and office operations and itinerary quality via destination-specific site inspections.
- Negotiate supplier pricing and determine retail trip pricing in accordance with market trends and budget goals
- Act as a subject matter expert, communicating program information to applicable stakeholders as needed
- Manage and execute the formal quality assurance process for all programs in assigned category, including customer satisfaction, program quality, sales, profitability, and sustainability assessment and reporting.
- Set goals and evaluate vendor progress toward enhancing customer satisfaction, program quality, and sustainability.
- Identify creative and innovative solutions to enhance program quality, uniqueness, and sustainability
- Continually execute product innovation to enhance program quality and sustainability
- Maintain and enhance REI’s position as a market leader in quality and sustainability
- Understand, fully use and continuously improve processes and systems
Financial Management and Planning
- Create strategic financial planning documents outlining category growth goals, inventory requirements, and financial/profitability goals within assigned regions.
- Negotiate with vendors for best net costs, terms, discounts, sales and marketing support.
- Develop sales forecasts based on objectives, past performance and company guidance.
- Monitor program sales, margin, trends and variances and make necessary adjustments.
Emergency On-Call Support
- Required to be on-call and respond to REI Adventure’s emergency phone calls when scheduled.
- Responds appropriately to urgent customer and field partner questions, issues, and situations.
- Use sound judgment and decision-making to positively affect the welfare of guests and the business needs of REI Adventures in situations potentially involving serious illness or injury.
- Complies with established legal and ethical parameters.
- Serves as the sole decision maker during “on-call” schedules. Escalate urgent issues to Adventures leadership
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of product development experience in the adventure travel, wholesale travel, tourism, or outdoor education industry
- Ability to analyze and present data, summarize findings, share insights and propose recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed negotiation skills
- Ability to travel extensively and independently both internationally and within the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Recreation Management, Tourism or closely related field, or equivalent work experience
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong ability to initiate and build business relationships with global vendor network
Job ID: 10221