- Oversee the definition and execution of comprehensive promotional programs for the global portfolio, including all elements of the promotional mix: development of detailed financial options, launch plans for new products, selection of sales channels, communication tactics, and collateral and other support materials as appropriate.
- Drive the clear understanding of the market(s) served, based on customer interaction and executed market research. Manage and determine the optimal product portfolio to meet the customer needs and maximize revenue and profit opportunities for the Company.
- Establish and manage the global portfolio lifecycle management strategy to maximize profits from existing products as well as new product initiatives. Prioritize market opportunities for strategic product introductions and exits and drive the successful execution of selected initiatives.
- Oversee all new AWM product introductions and market exit plans as agreed the CSCO.
- Understand and lead the analysis of the competitive landscape, including competitor market strategies and sales tactics. Direct adjustments to assigned product sales and marketing strategies to manage competitive threats/opportunities.
Product Knowledge and Expertise:
- Maintain a superior knowledge of the clinical & technical features and benefits of the global portfolio and act as a knowledge resource for field-based personnel and customers, presenting information to audiences of varying sizes. Working in conjunction with sales management, learning and development and marketing communications, lead the development of comprehensive tools and informational resources for the global commercial team that creates independence and confidence in customer interactions.
- Direct the delivery of product knowledge to other internal partners as required (Supply Chain, Customer Engagement, Learning and Development, Service Support, etc.).
- Partner with Finance colleagues to direct analysis of product sales & profitability. Act as key liaison to executive management for interpretation and recommendations based on analytical data provided by FP&A.
- Direct and oversee the monthly unit and revenue forecasts for the AWM portfolio to the appropriate internal functional partners.
- Contribute to the development of the annual sales and expense budget.
- Manage the A&P and T&E budgets within corporate parameters. These parameters will include total limits, phasing of spend, potential adjustments due to business needs communicated by executive management.
- Maintain a superior knowledge of clinical, customer and market segment needs. This will be acquired by spending time in the field, traveling with sales representatives, and meeting with customers. These customers will include health care professionals and other individuals involved in the selection, purchase, and/or use of Joerns Healthcare products.
- Manage the activities of the portfolio with customer-facing internal partners to develop customer-focused educational and learning programs.
- Direct and contribute to the development of tradeshow and educational conference content and activities. Attend and perform booth staffing duties as required.
- This role works closely with members of the Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Service Operations, and Finance organizations to understand broad customer needs and identify, develop, and drive programs and campaigns to give Joerns Healthcare AWM products proper positioning and adoption in targeted markets.
- Manage the identification and screening of improvements or modifications to existing lines as suggested by internal and external resources through close contact with key customers, clinical support and sales teams.
- Provide input to sales training. Work with Learning and Development trainers to develop product training modules. Participate in sales training classes and other training activities as appropriate.
Bachelor’s Degree required
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years commercial product management experience with focus on clinical applications, product lifecycle management and new product development in a hybrid rental / capital structure.
- Healthcare continuum experience in global setting.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Experience managing and driving profitable growth from capital assets and developing recurring revenues from differentiated programs, disposable products and value-added accessories.
- Dynamic and decisive, as well as highly collaborative, with ability to work within multiple cross-functional teams.
- Analytical background with strong data analysis experience and performance management expertise.
- Solid business acumen and experience in a highly matrix, global organization.
- Marketing discipline, process and product commercialization expertise.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced, high-growth, changing environment with a positive, change agent mentality.
- Excellent written and oral communicator in both large and small group settings. Engaging and dynamic presenter of often complex and/or clinical information to internal and external audiences of various sizes. As a representative of Joerns Healthcare, professional demeanor is required at all times with internal and external interactions.
- English fluency; multilingual preferred (concentration in German, French, or Spanish).
- Requires functional knowledge of selected business programs including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation programs, and other server based applications and ERP systems.
Preferred Skills, Experience & Education
- MBA or other advanced degreepreferred.