ProSync is currently looking for a Advanced Wireless Systems Engineer to support draft advanced wireless team requirements and support XAG planning efforts. This position will conduct discovery efforts on 5G technologies, supporting 5G efforts across XAG and derive development requirements from received operational requirements, integrate future wireless activities into XAG's processes, and collaborate with XAG infrastructure engineers.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in technical discipline in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university or
- Five (5) years of additional Systems Engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
- Analyzes user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Maintains knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest.
- Applies and enforces use of suitable standards to ensure consistency interoperability of developer hardware and software.
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware and software systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessments and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Develops technical documentation.
- Develops system Architecture and system design documentation.
- Guides systems development and implement planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Serves as a member of the Configuration Control Board (CCB)
- Technical Lead providing direction to development Team for new product features
- Requires twenty (20) years system engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government
- Requires five (5) years troubleshooting software installations and operations
- Requires five( 5) years analyzing and correcting data flow issues within systems
- Experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required
- Experience in developing system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion, and growth.
- Experience in establishing follows a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces.
- Experience in Wireless Protocol Knowledge
- Experience with wireless communications to include but not limited to 5G, WiMax, (802.16d,e); WiFi (802.11a,b,g,n); LTE (FDD,TDD); Signal Types DSS, OFDMA, SCOFDMA; CDMA (1xRTT, EVDO, HSDPA); UMTS, to prioritization, LTE and 5G are the most required.
- GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, 802.11, 802.16, 5G; Signal Types DSS, OFDMA, SCOFDMA; CDMA (1xRTT, EVDO, HSDPA); UMTS.
- Geolocation, Ground-Based, Algorithm design & prototyping. Radio Direction Finding; Angle of Arrival Estimation; Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) precision geo-location.
- Active Operations.
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required