Seeking an Advanced Usability Specialist for a great organization located in the Scottsdale, AZ area.
This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. The organizations employees work closelywith esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The organizations User Experience (UX) team provides direction to Engineering on user interface for complex systems. As a user experience researcher in the UX department, you will play a major role in projects from concept to completion, leveraging expertise in design research, ideation, concept development, wire-framing, and communication with the end user.
* Must possess excellent research skills and be highly proficient in all phases of research execution, planning to report writing
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills
* Proven time management and organizational skills, must be able to work both within a team context and independently with minimal direction when required
* Ability to multi-task on projects to meet competing deadlines
* You have a sensitivity and passion for the end user and excellent user research methodology; You write user stories and persona's in your sleep
* You consider yourself a user advocate
* You have experience performing human factors and usability research: Defining studies, creating methods, refining methods; conducting studies; analyzing data; writing reports with recommendations
* You are able to identify potential usability issues; Understand and act on relevant usability issues and decide what to test and at what level to test, e.g. heuristic, informal or formal
* You are comfortable using either existing research or creating new research methods to answer novel questions
* You can identify what metrics you need and know how to gather and analyze them; You also know when they can be misleading and how to make decisions without them
* You are excited by the challenge of making great tools for users
* You are comfortable brainstorming on the fly at the white-board
* You incorporate feedback from all key stakeholders and welcome ideas from every discipline
* You involve the team in your thinking early and often, or better yet, you do much of your thinking collaboratively
* Your research is complete including actionable recommendations to the team
* You’re comfortable communicating results and recommendations in appropriate mediums, such as storyboards, videos, or Power-Point
* You can clearly convey your ideas, and you stay involved and iterate as development progresses
* You can find and focus on the highest priority things that have the most impact on the end user
* You have a scientific, fact-based approach; you filter out noise in order to target high-impact decisions
* You’re a systems thinker who can manage both local and global priorities
* When you see a problem, you roll up your sleeves and start fixing it, whether or not it’s in your traditional wheelhouse
* You tell compelling stories about your work and present it confidently to stakeholders
* You are an excellent writer and organized thinker
* You can manage difficult discussions with tact and diplomacy
* You both learn from and teach those around you with regularity
* You look for ways to continuously improve your own process as well as that of the teams you work on
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
* A Bachelors plus 5years of relevant experience in a design research-related field: interaction design, psychology, human factors or a related field or the equivalent experience
* Masters or PhD degree plus 3years experience in a design research-related field: interaction design, psychology, human factors or a related field or the equivalent experience
* Strong portfolio of research based work
* Qualitative and quantitative advanced research
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government securityinvestigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
If qualified and interested, pleaseapply immediately and provide the best email address and the mobile number to reach you at.