Crestron Electronics has an exciting opportunity for an Advanced Technical Support Engineer / Crestron Certified Programmer . This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a fast growing organization. We are seeking a polished, proactive, and professional Advanced Technical Support Engineer to support the ATSG Department. In this role, you will provide Onsite Advanced Technical Support for our customers in a firm that cultivates a close-knit and collaborative corporate culture. We will look for you to showcase your problem solving skills, and an ability to think outside the box while identifying alternate and creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Handle escalated Technical Support cases
- Provide remote assistance and on-site support to Crestron’s dealers and customers while working to resolve technical issues that are not able to be efficiently resolved through typical phone support channels.
- Stage dealer projects and programs in the process of reproducing and resolving the reported issues.
- Review project designs and programming to ensure they conform to best practices
- Gather logs, packet captures, and any other data necessary to effectively understand and ultimately resolve customer concerns.
- Perform site surveys to verify installations meet industry and Crestron standards
- Maintain a high-level of professional communication with our dealers and clients throughout the processes of resolving their technical issues.
- Clearly define and communicate how the customers concerns will be addressed and effectively manage expectations.
- Facilitate formal customer communication:
*Provide status updates
*Prepare project trip reports
- Identify the need for resources, and subsequently take on team management responsibilities in relation to the resources available to resolve each case
- Proactively identify potential conflicts and delays, and work to manage and mitigate project risks.
- Liaison with sustaining engineers and product line Technical Managers as required to resolve customer concerns.
- Clearly documents all case work through the case tracking system
- Provide regular updates on the status of assigned cases to management.
- Ensure all customers receive world-class support.
- Nationwide Travel up to 40-60%. May include occasional travel to Canada and otherinternational destinations.
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelors in EE or CS degreepreferred, not required. Crestron programming certification or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
- DMC-E credited engineer with experience designing, installing, and commissioning large scale distributed digital video technologies is highly desirable.
- Broad understanding of Ethernetnetworking technologies and protocols as they pertain to residential and commercial AV systems integration. CCNA or similar networking certification is highly desirable.
- Self-starter with proven ability to constantly learn new software and hardware technologies and an ability to quickly put that learning into practice in support of highly visible real-world projects.
- Demonstrable experienced with several of the following: C#, Microsoft PowerShell, BacNET/IP, and SIP/VOIP preferred.
- Experience with Crestron’s proprietary software development tools, including Simpl Windows, Simpl+, Simpl#, D3Pro, Crestron Studio.
- Familiarity with Unified Collaboration, Video Conferencing, Conference and Board Room presentation systems. Proficiency with, and knowledge of, streaming video protocols and technologies including H.264/H.265, Multicast and Unicast RTSP. Experience with industry leading audio DSPs as applied to AV systems integration.
- Experience with integrating residential and commercial technologies including, Lighting, HVAC, Distributed Audio/Video, Security and Surveillance Systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.This is a customer facing position and the ideal candidate will be able to communicate clearly and effectively while remaining focused on exceeding customer expectations.