Advanced Systems Manager III – Advanced Development (Strategic Technology & Commercial Aerospace)
Customer-focused leader sought to lead new business capture activities in Advanced Development. Successful candidate must have a strong technical background as well as customer focused, collaborative leadership qualities.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of engineers and related staff focused on capturing programs within the Strategic Technology and Commercial Aerospace Business unit.
- Lead a team of engineers and related staff focused on developing new customers and product lines for Ball Aerospace.
- Develop and implement multi-year strategic plan for advanced processing and processing architectures (spacecraft and/or ground systems) and algorithms for government or commercial or civil applications.
- Direct innovative research and establish industrialpartnerships necessary to effectively compete in processing and algorithm approaches (spacecraft and/or ground systems) in government, commercial or civil markets.
- Direct innovative research and execute multi-year plan to grow commercial, government and civil data analytics business area.
- Assess market potential and develop investment plans to penetrate new markets.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, business opportunities, strategies, competitive intelligence, market and legislative forecasts commensurate with Ball Aerospace financial and strategic plans relative to the purpose noted above.
- Demonstrate, through results, a history of quality decision-making with timeliness in mind.
- Implement creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Navigate roadblocks with ease – focusing on results and persevering through setbacks.
- Provide inputs to long-term roadmaps for technology development, opportunity identification, capture management, and proposal efforts.
- Coordinate customer contacts with key government and industry customers.
- Establish and track budgets for capture team.
- Establish and meet sales goals within this area.
- Responsible for coordinating and preparing related proposal activities.
- Fostering innovative design approaches and rapid prototyping within Ball Aerospace procedures and policies.
- Frequent contacts with internal personnel and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling of specific phases of projects or contracts. Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS/BA degree in a related field is required, plus 12 or more years of related experience in defense or a related industry.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agencyrecognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department ofEducation.
- Program management skills and demonstrated ability to grow new business opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead highly motivated design teams.
- Strong technical writing skills and demonstrated ability to lead proposal teams including establishing win strategy.
- Demonstrated experience in leading design teams and new business capture activities.
- Must be a superb presenter with documented presentation experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Customer Relationships: Knowledge/experience working in advanced processing architectures and advanced algorithms, including (but not limited to) artificial intelligence, machine learning, and advanced processing architectures (web/cloud approaches, GPU, ASICs etc.) Established relationships with key personnel within customer communities.
- Leadership skills including experience in structuring and leading a results oriented organization with a proven record of achieving goals and expectations.
- Track record of accomplishing results through a matrix environment, motivating staff and providing latitude and independence to team members. Influence and motivate without direct authority.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.