Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services tosolve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Advanced Systems Manager – System Engineering Solutions
We are currently recruiting for an Advanced Systems Manager in the Chantilly, VA area for the Advanced Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) Solutions business area, with a focus on NRO ground systems and Information Technology (IT) enterprise technologies. This position reports to the Director of Advanced ISR Solutions within the Systems Engineering Solutions (SES) Business Area of Ball Aerospace.
What You'll Do
- Support capture activities and the development of technology solutions in response to stated customer needs, development/execution of capture plans and strategies, and customer relationship management. Key focus will be on NRO Ground systems
- Work with the Chief Architect and technical leadership to manage activities surrounding pursuit of sense making, ground processing framework, and related technology opportunities. Support subsequent acquisition and execution of new business within the ground processing functional area.
- Fostering innovative design approaches and rapid prototyping for emerging technologies within company procedures and policies.
- Coordinate contacts with key government and industry customers.
- Coordinate with other Ball Aerospace personnel in Ball’s Colorado, Ohio, and the National Capital Area (NCA) offices, frequently in person.
- Provide leadership, knowledge and strategies as related to competitive business opportunities within the intelligence, space protection, multi-source analytics, and related markets.
- Lead the development of white papers and capability briefings. Includes development, coordination, writing, and reviewing of material.
- Support the development of proposal material. Includes reviewing proposal information, development of themes and strategies, accomplishing writing assignments, supporting reviews, and supporting delivery of documentation, if required.
- Provide inputs into technology and business forecasts commensurate with company financial and strategic plans.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- BS/BA in Engineering, Math, Physics or a related field, plus 10 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agencyrecognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- MS degree is preferred.
- Applicable related experience includes ground systems, payload processing and exploitation, command and control, and/or mission architectures for the intelligence community.
- Experience in aerospace, DoD, and/or IC. Recent experience with NRO ground systems is highly desired
- Active TS/SCI required
- Experience with or an aptitude for business capture.
- Experience as a lead or manager for development of ground systems – processing, command & control or mission management systems.
- Strong technical competence in any or all of the following is required, Enterprise IT systems, development and architectures, Command and control for ISR related systems and sensors, EO Technology and payloads, RF Technology and payloads, USG pathfinder systems, and ISR mission CONOPs.
- Experience in supporting DoD and/or IC proposals as well as knowledge of government acquisition strategy.
- Experience operating within classified program environments.
- Must be a superb presenter with presentation experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Strong program management skills and demonstrated ability to grow new business opportunities.
- Strong written communication and technology evaluation skills
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant technical environments.
- Influencing, communication, and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball locations and other non-Ball locations will be required.
- This position requires travel up to 25%.