$80K — $100K *
Description: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Make an Impact on the Medical Industry as an Advanced Systems Engineer
If you are interested in a career that helps make it possible for doctors to perform life changing surgeries and impact the health and well being of surgical patients everywhere, then STERIS' Surgical Solutions team is the place for you.
Join a fast-paced Engineering Research and Development team within STERIS' Surgical Solutions business. Our amazing team of engineers work closely with one another as well as program and product managers to make a difference in the lives of physicians and their patients throughout the world as the team innovates and launches new products. You will interact with other engineering disciplines and cross-functional team members during the development lifecycle phases from concept development through final release.
The Advanced Systems Engineer is responsible for overall technical leadership and responsibility for the technical realization of key feature sets or complete new product introductions. This position reports to the Engineering Manager and is the technical stakeholder working within the project constraints of schedule, cost, performance, quality and reliability objectives.
• Drives refinement/ translation of stakeholder requirements (Customer, safety, reliability, clinical, serviceability, manufacturability, quality etc.), requirements management policies of the program and quality of requirements, development of technical approach, top level design, feasibility of potential technical solutions, and allocation of derived requirements (including functionality, interface specifications and design budgets) onto affected subsystems.
• Plans, oversees and executes the Systems Engineering activities in the project, including Initiation, coordination, synchronization, review and integration of the technical work performed within various Engineering disciplines
• Leads cross-discipline feasibility and tradeoff studies.
• Drives system-level design & technical reviews.
• Leads derivation/budgeting/allocation of system/subsystems requirements and interfaces.
• Participates in defect management, risk management, usability activities
• Participates in the preparation of documentation, including configuration documentation, DHF etc.
• Leads system integration (follow up, analysis, problem solving).
• Participates in defining testing requirements and strategy and participates in formal verification & validation.
• Demonstrated ability in technical analysis including evaluation of multiple candidate solutions and significant evaluation of intangibles
• Ability to propose methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to realize product functionality
• Proven technical leadership in matrix environment.
• Excellent communication, influencing and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent technical writing, and presentation skills; English fluency.
• Familiarity using software tools for configuration management (version control), defect management, continuous integration and build tools is required.
• Experience working in a regulated industry which requires formalized software development processes and software risk management is required.
• Experience working in a stage-gate development environment is required.
• Coordinates with partners regarding new strategies to ensure consistent communication across functions.
• Coordinates within the department /organization to determine resources needed to support goals.
• Strong influence within engineering discipline. Capable of influence across disciplines and associated functions.
• Ensures future partnerships by developing strong relationships and resolving issues with partners.
• Addresses routine technical problems by leading a team to brainstorm solutions.
• Determines the appropriate individuals needed for a decision-making process.
• Ability to make well-informed and effective decisions even when data are limited.
• Uses cutting-edge ideas to develop projects.
• Works with co-workers to coordinate a project using a creative process.
• Synthesizes complex information gathered from a variety of sources and disseminates to others.
• Capable of simplifying designs and procedures through creative approaches
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Software, Systems, Physics or related Engineering fields.
• Minimum 7 progressive years of intensive experience in a regulated (e.g. Medical Devices, Aerospace) environment in a systems engineering capacity with a focus on Software or Electrical systems.
• Demonstrated ability in leading evolution of a complex features, where analysis requires both evaluation of multiple candidate solutions and significant evaluation of intangibles.
• Ability to propose methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to realize the feature.
• Embedded software systems and understanding of SDLC desired OR an understanding circuits, design of circuits, basic electronics, motion controls and PWM highly preferred.
• Systems modeling and simulation experience a plus (e.g. MATLAB, Simulink, Labview).
• Broad technical working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines (EE/ME/SW) and solid understanding in Controls, Algorithm Development, and Data Analysis desired
• Three years involvement in a multi-discipline project development environment.
• Good communication, influencing, conflict resolution, and technical documentation skills.
• Systems thinking acuity.
• 10% Foreign or Domestic Travel required.
What STERIS Offers
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
Valid through: 10/30/2021
$110K — $120K *
16 days ago
$140K — $160K *
7 days ago