The Advanced Sourcing Manager oversees a team of buyers and directs the team to seek out high-quality goods and manages the intricacies of the procure to pay process. A solid supply chain background and passion for team management and cross functional collaboration is required for this role. The scope of work will vary but will require working with a diverse team of cross-functional stakeholders to support Exact Sciences’ growing business and facilities. The Advanced Sourcing Manager is expected to provide leadership in the procurement elements of projects with an understanding of impacts to the downstream accounts payable/finance process. Areas of focus include supplier evaluation, supplier set-up, departmental metrics/reporting, ERP system SME for Purchasing data, instrumentation supply chain best practices and overall procurement best practices. This role will also be responsible for the program management of select critical commodities and its related project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support new product initiatives and product support activities from a sourcing perspective.
- Manage a team of buyers to provide world class service to internal customers and external partners.
- Develop new and maintain existing metrics to measure team performance and service level to requisitioners.
- Benchmark industry best practices to implement and improve the procure to pay process, in collaboration with purchasing and finance functional areas.
- Develop and implement supplier scorecards to manage supplier performance and improve partnerships.
- Provide updates to stakeholders to ensure awareness of ongoing initiatives and projects within sourcing.
- Develop RFPs and analyze proposals with input from cross-functional areas.
- Drive actions with suppliers to meet aggressive timelines and purchasing requirements.
- Manage development and implementation of strategic supply chain initiatives, including cost savings initiatives and secondary sourcing.
- Engage in contract negotiations to drive desired outcomes with respect to pricing, terms, and risk mitigations.
- Assist with supplier quality management including annual reviews, participation in supplier quality audits, and documentation.
- Attend supplier visits both onsite and via teleconference.
- Complete periodic benchmarking to maintain price competitiveness.
- Support cost roll analysis and approval with finance partners.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned by leadership.
- Provide oversight and project management of molding and external assembly suppliers, including projects needed to expand production capabilities.
- Implement procurement strategies to support instrument production and mitigate risk related to potential obsolete/end of life parts.
- Develop and maintain documentation to ensure compliance with all regulatory and compliance standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with multi-level personnel as well as vendors and their representatives.
- Strong attention-to-detail.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly develop and maintain strong relationships with customers.
- Dedicated team player who is able to withstand the high demands of a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, organizational, and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of a project through the procure to pay process.
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and deal with changing priorities while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- Powerful negotiation skills and ability to find an appropriate balance to cost savings with partners.
- Continuously strives to improve quality and customer service by recognizing opportunities for improvement.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Mgt. Engineering, Finance or equivalent.
- 7 or more years related work experience, with at least 3 years in supply chain, buying or planning.
- Detailed knowledge of GMP facilities, equipment, and processes.
- 7-10 years of professional industry experience, preferably operating within an ISO 13485 quality system.
- 3-5 years of direct people leadership.
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems.
- Experience with contract management and negotiations.
- Experience with injection molding and/or instrument assembly.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with team members both internal and external in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Ability to travel between office locations in Madison, Wisconsin (approximately 8 mile radius).