Advanced Services Senior Premier Support Engineer
The experienced Senior Premier Support Customer Engineer will be a part of a fast-paced customer-focused technical environment. The PSCE will provide senior-level support for the deployment and maintenance of Aruba-HPE products and solutions.
This position reports into the customer advocacy organization and requires a person with in-depth understanding of complex enterprise network deployment models, strong troubleshooting skills and experience in supporting customer internal network teams – both operations and engineering.
- Provide pre and post sales technical and operational support to Aruba-HPE teams, customers and partners for various technologies and solutions.
- Provide Case Management, Performance Management and Solution Management support
- Case Management: Ensuring timely identification and resolution of reported issues
- Performance Management: Ensuring optimum performance of products and features.
- Solutions Management: Ensuring optimum performance of customer solutions.
- Work on complex reported issues requiring in-depth fault analysis and troubleshooting including technical, operational (configuration and implementation) and networkengineering.
- Ability to multitask and work independently when required, with little supervision or direction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface to senior levels of the organization
- Formulate action plans (technical and operational) for analyzing and resolving reported issues.
- Assign and ensure appropriate department is assigned resolution of reported issue.
- Escalate issues as needed to ensure a timely resolution to customer reported issues.
- Simulate customer issues in lab.
- Participate in solution discussions and publications for knowledge base.
- Provide technical cross-training to relevant groups as needed.
- Participate in serviceability enhancement requirement reviews.
- Work effectively in a team environment including Aruba and Customer colleagues; QA, engineers, and field organizations.
- Occasionally required to travel to customer sites for troubleshooting, training purposes, business reviews.
- Provide Customer Review meetings, providing technical status and recommendations.
- Bachelordegree in Computer Engineering or ElectricalEngineeringrequired.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in customer-facing Technical Support required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience with one or more of the following Aruba products; AOS-APs/IAPs/Controllers, Airwave, ClearPass
- Knowledge of authentication protocols and servers required.
- Understanding & experience in configuring & troubleshooting VoIP protocols like SIP, SVP, H323 etc. required.
- Demonstrable experience identifying areas-of-opportunity for process improvement.
- Demonstrable experience in problem isolation and problem solving.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in enterprise and/or service provider networking and services: planning, testing, new product/feature implementation, upgrade and support preferred.
- Technical and operationalexperience supportingnetworking products and solutions with advanced expertise innetwork switching, routing andsecurity highlydesired.
- Industry certifications like CCIE, CWNA, ACCP, ACMP, ACMX, ACDX and RHEL preferred.
- Radius (authentication, Authorization, Attributes, CoA, Accounting, etc.)
- SNMP based monitoring and AMON troubleshooting
- Linux installations and troubleshooting skills
- TACACS (Authentication, Authorization including per-command)
- PKI (CA, Certs, Encryption, Trust, Client side config)
- Captive Portal (Redirects, Logins, Walled Garden)
- 802.1x (EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS, Supplicant config, Server trust, wired/wireless differences)
- Network Device AAA (Experience with AAA on different switches, wlan controllers, vpn concentrators, integration with Radius solutions)
- Policy Enforcement (ACLs, Firewalls, dACLs, web redirection, VLAN switching)
- Windows Sysadmin (AD, DC, Domains/Groups, GPO)
- LDAP (DB structure, user/computer objects/groups)
- SQL (DB structure, filter creation), Strong knowledge of postgres
- API (XML, SOAP, REST)
- VPN (IPSEC, Policy, AAA)
- NAC (Posture check, NAP, Policy Framework)
- Networking (Routing, DNS, DHCP)
- Load-Balancing (Web, DNS, and Radius LB)
- Strong networking experience, with sound understanding of various L2 / L3 protocols
- Strong understanding of wireless concepts
- Experience in network analysis & test tools like wireshark, iperf, nmap etc. preferred.
- Interaction with other teams to drive resolution of hardware / software deficiencies / bugs preferred.
Job ID 1014032