5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Advanced Sales for our client in Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: ??Advanced Sales
Job Location: ?Los Angeles, CA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
PERFECT QUARTER ATTENDANCE
- This is a temporary fill for an employee that is on leave, the territory is: LA area, Northern Beverly Hills, Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, Bakersfield, Goleta and Santa Monica.
- Will be maintaining current customer base, visits to clients for informational purposes and updatingsales systems.
- Maintains and expands relationships with customers of the organization, accountable for direct sales of new/existing products, develop and implement strategic sales plans to maintain and grow the business to exceed sales goals and performance expectations of the organization by performing the following duties.
- Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Promotes products and identifies potential sales opportunities in a professional manner to achieve the sales plan.
- Develops and implements strategies to maintain and/or expand sales within an assigned territory.
- Prepares a plan for each account to identify what and how short and long term needs may be met.
- Forecasts the demand for product(s) within assigned territory.
- Provides reports on the budget and sales activity for a given period of time.
- Accountable for financial proposals, competitive differentiation, territory management and forecasting.
- Interfaces with the customer to understand the customer's overall objectives and requirements.
- Contacts customers on a regular basis to maintain account relationship, advise of new product and service offerings, and obtain feedback on products.
- Call on Pathologist's, Administrators, Technicians, Purchasing Agents, & Managers in clinical laboratories located in hospitals, reference centers, cancer Centers, and research institutions.
- Shares details with customers on additional offerings to provide value added service.
- Ensures that sales, engineering, and training departments provide post implementation support to assigned accounts..
- Serves as a point of escalation for issues or activities that the customer encounters during product utilization.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems/complaints.
- Prepares and conducts technical/product presentations and demonstrations.
- Participates in trade shows by representing the organization and sharing information on products.
- Provides feedback to marketing and product engineering teams for future product enhancements.
- Shares ideas and customer needs throughout all phases of product life cycle (plan, design, integrate, install, manage).
- Contributes to the quarterly and annual business forecasting by providing account trends and sharing future client needs.
- Develops Total Available Market Analysis for territory to include analysis of all hospitals and reference labs in territory performing testing supplies with list of equipment used for testing, volumes, and current commitment.
- Prepare and present Business Review Analysis to top 10 customers in territory on bi-annual basis.
- Other related duties may be assigned.
- Travel - 80% in the assigned territory
- Minimum Knowledge, Skills and ExperienceQualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or a Medical Technologist certification and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience: A track record of success developing new business and maintaining existing accounts with a minimum of 5years selling medical devices or related products and services.
- Experience calling on Reference Labs, Medical Centers, Pathologists or related providers highly desirable.
- Specific Skills Required: Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and navigating in CRM tools.
- This position will involve heavy travel conditions, including the inherent risks associated with travel and weather condition.
- This position may require working at customer facilities and workshop locations where conditions may vary to include exposure to temperature changes, varying levels of equipment noise, moving objects, electrical/manual machinery, and biologically hazardous materials.
- Some locations may house laboratories where exposure to fumes, chemicals, toxic materials, blood, and/or blood products may occur.
- The use of personal protective safety equipment may be required at some locations where safety techniques for handling hazardous materials must be learned and practiced.
- Physical stamina required to maintain heavy travelschedule and heavy walking/standing through institutions, airports, etc. Must be able to drive under usual, reasonable circumstances, including both day and night driving. Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
Other requirements and personal characteristics:
- Able to:
- function in a responsible, professional manner using good judgment in decision making.
- remain positive, rational, calm and professional under stressful conditions (I.e. dealing with upset people, handling complaints, etc.)
- think and act independently with little direct supervision, maintain work ethic, remain disciplined while working in the field
- maintain strong desire to succeed and to accept accountability for assignments
- make decisions while considering the needs of a global market
- handle the emotional challenges of extensive domestic travel, and adjust to the conditions of customer facilities and abide by requirements imposed in a professional manner.
- Highly organized to handle large customer and multiple sales call points.