Advanced Quality Engineer II
Title: Quality Engineer II
Location: Northwest Indiana
The Quality Engineer II will lead all “Destructive Testing” and “Magnetic Particle Testing” for Client Company’s Aerospace Quality Assurance Systems. As a producer of bearings for the Aerospace market we are seeking highly skilled QE in dealing with tolerances within the millionths using Precision Measurement methods.
- Designs and executes the control plan, audits to ensure that control plans are being followed, and ensures containment and corrective action in the event of non-conformance.
- May coach and develop Quality Engineers and Specialists.
- Coordinates report outs of the data analysis from multiple Quality Engineers on multiple projects, and product lines. Includes customer line and field analysis, corrective action effectiveness, and overall internal quality metrics effectiveness.
- Designs the internal standards to be followed by the Quality Specialist and Quality Engineers.
- Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of the quality planning for continuous improvement.
- Evaluates the root cause corrective action requirements and assigns appropriate internal personnel and external experts as needed.
- Facilitates training, corrective action process review, is typically the corrective action leader and the single point of contact to the customer for corrective action.
- Ensure all customer quality requirements are integrated into the QMS and communicate to management when gaps exist in meeting those requirements. Provides an overview of the customer quality requirements.
- This provides a summary of responsibilities but is not all inclusive
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS Engineering, BSME or EngineeringDegree
- 3+ years’ Green belt in LeanSix Sigma within 3years.
- Experience with Manufacturing Processes, including Turning, Grinding, Heat Treatment.
- Experience with Precision Measurement Instruments, including Hand Gages, CMM, Optical or Laser Measurement.
- Designing internal standards
- Coaching and developing other Quality Engineers and/ or Specialists
- Very Competitive Salary
- Full benefits – Medical – Dental – Vision – Life – Retirement
- Relocation Assistance
- Vertical Career Growth Potential