DENSO is one of the largest global automotive suppliers of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. From automated driving to hybrid and electric vehicle components, we’re crafting the core technologies of modern mobility. We draw on the strengths of individual inventors who are joining together to become an unstoppable force for global good. With our North American headquarters located in Michigan, DENSO employs more than 23,000 people at 28 consolidated subsidiaries and 4 affiliates across the North American region. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions and employs more than 150,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2017, totaled US$40.4 billion.
Provides technical support to investigate, design, develop, and implement continuous improvement for production lines regarding new and existing products and production processes while following DENSO manufacturing and safety guidelines in order to achieve high quality, productivity, and safety. Essential Functions
- Troubleshoots production processes to identify the root cause of problems and designs, develops, and implements appropriate countermeasures to improve quality, productivity, and safety.
- May develop, design, test, and implement line modifications and arrangements, devices, fixtures, etc. to obtain continuous improvement of the production processes, achieve cost reduction, and prepare for new product requirements. This may include issuing process control sheets or process change information for the manufacturing processes.
- Provides technical support to production in order to solve problems related to quality, productivity, safety, etc.
- May investigate, analyze, and create specifications for kaizen ideas to improve line MOR, productivity, and realize cost savings for the Company and may coordinate the design and installation of kaizen ideas and projects.
- Originates equipment and parts specifications, purchase orders, and follow-up data to obtain the necessary resources to cover production requirements for current and new products.
- Coordinates and collaborates in the production of new products and engineering changes to detect and solve problems which may arise prior to the beginning of mass production.
- May review machine configurations for the most productive methods to assemble multiple products in the same machine.
- May prepare assembly programs for new products and may perform setup of programs on equipment.
- May review drawings for parts and may create recognition and visual data for equipment.
- May coordinate and collaborate in the products' prototype revisions and builds to resolve problems before mass production begins.
- May be involved in various projects which emphasize process improvement such as productivity improvement and scrap reduction in order to improve quality and reduce costs.
- May facilitate and attend meetings and prepare reports as necessary based on daily production activities related to Production Engineering.
- May develop specifications for new processes, new machines, or machine modifications for new products or projects, quality improvement, or productivity improvement. This may involve conducting feasibility studies, developing process control specifications, preparing or modifying equipment and tools, examining the implemented process and its capability, and confirming the product quality.
- Maintains an appropriate level of conventionality and conformance in regard to the corporate culture as expressed in the Associate Handbook. Relates well with others, including as appropriate, peers, supervisor, subordinates, customers and suppliers. Maintains good attendance and assumes appropriate role(s) when working in a team environment. Responds appropriately to unexpected and/or continuing situations which develop in the work environment.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering . 4 years Production Engineering experience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Production Engineering policies, procedures, and terms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good presentation skills.
- Ability to coordinate and monitor a high level of activity as demonstrated under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Ability to comprehend complex instructions and respond effectively and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Ability to work in a variety of adverse environmental conditions, such as heat, cold, noise, etc.
- Knowledge of appropriate office software applications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.