- Develop, implement, and support advanced process control, operator interface, and management information software applications to optimize the performance of the refinery units within their operating envelopes. Systems include but are not limited to:
- Advanced regulatory control, operator interface, and management information applications on a Honeywell UCN/LCN/TPS DCS platform.
- Multivariable control applications on an AspenTech DMCplus W2K platform
- Alarm management applications on a Honeywell Alarm Configuration Manager (ACM) W2K platform
- Abnormal Event Detection (AED) applications on a Gensym G2 W2K platform
- Work closely with assigned Business teams to identify and exploit advanced process control opportunities to help meet business objectives
- Work closely with Systems Engineers to ensure that advanced controls are robust and available to the Console Shift Supervisors (CSS)
- Work closely with CSS’s to ensure that advanced controls are well understood and effectively utilized; Identify and communicate advanced controls constraints and work with CSS and process engineers to understand and eliminate constraints to enable unit profitability and reliability
- Ability to identify advanced process control opportunities based on a strong understanding of refinery economics, refinery processes, and unit interactions
- Ability to think logically, to see relationships between cause and effect, and as a result, to plan, anticipate, and evaluate systematically
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in simple terms and to effectively summarize key issues to management and clients
- Ability to build consensus and promote teamwork and self-directed action
- Ability to translate business drivers into action plans
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum (5) years refining or petrochemical experience
- Functional Honeywell DCS and AspenTech DMCplus experience
- Ability to implement advanced process control strategies on Honeywell process computing platforms.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.