About The Opportunity
A Connecticut-based healthcare facility is actively seeking a licensed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) and/or Nurse Practitioner (NP) for a promising opportunity with their growing staff. This is a promising position for a diligent and highly motivated Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) / Nurse Practitioner (NP) to gain valuable work experience and further their career at a recognized facility. Apply today!
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) / Nurse Practitioner (NP) will be responsible for:
- Ordering appropriate lab tests and diagnostic procedures and interpreting results to aid in health promotion and accurate diagnosis and treatment of illnesses; prescribes medication or other forms of treatment
- Acting as the Primary Care Provider in spirit and action by assuming longitudinal panel management responsibility for the care and outcomes of his/her panel
- Effectively collaborating, coordinating, and communicating with members of the multidisciplinary team and outside providers
- Accurately documenting patients’ medical information and appropriately assigning the correct coding for acute and chronic conditions
- Participating in On-Call program which may include after-hours, weekend and holiday calls and visitations.
- Following evidence based practice guidelines and practices within scope of practice
- 2+ years of Clinical experience
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- CT Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) and/or Nurse Practitioner (NP) license
- Working knowledge of Electronic Medical Records (EMRs)
- Solid assessment, clinical, and documentation skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- 2+ years of experience working within an Acute Care setting, such as: Intensive Care Units (ICU); Critical Care Units (CCUs); Telemetry; Emergency Medicine; Primary Care (Family / Internal Medicine); Behavioral Health; Palliative Care; and/or, Medical-Surgical
- Prescribing authority / DEA license.