Nemours is seeking an Advanced Practice Nurse, Float to join our team to see routine and urgent pediatric patients in the primary care setting at the Shipley Street, Milford and Seaford, DE locations. This is a full-time opportunity with flexibility for evening and weekend shifts. Open to specialties in Pediatrics and Family Practice.
The Advanced Practice Nurse is responsible for an area of specialized nursing practice, and provides direct and indirect care to patients and their families in an Outpatient primary care setting.
1. Practices collaboratively with physicians and other health care providers to provide high quality health care to children.
2. Performs appropriate assessment of patient/family.
3. Performs ongoing assessment and evaluation o f patient progress and revision of interdisciplinary plan of care.
4. Identifies patient/family need for further resources and initiates appropriate referrals.
5. Documents patient care and progress on patient’s chart in Electronic Medical Record.
6. Provides patient/family teaching based on identification of learning needs.
7. Evaluates compliance with the prescribed treatment regimen through telephone calls, family/patient assessments and outpatient visits as needed.
8. Utilizes advanced knowledge and specialized skill in nursing practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, hospital policy and protocol
A. Education, Training and Experience
1. Master of Science in Nursing.
2. Five years of related clinical experience
3. Pediatric Primary Care experience preferred
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
1. Current Registered Nurse license in t he State of Delaware,
2. Current Advanced Practice Nurse license in the State of Delaware, with prescriptive authority.