ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE II-DIVERSIFIED SERVICES
- The APRN II is a nurse prepared with graduate level nursing education and authorized to practice and prescribe as a Clinical Nurse Specialist or Certified Nurse Practitioner in collaboration with one or more physicians or podiatrists.
- Advanced clinical practice in nursing includes the following components: assessment of patient health status, diagnostic testing, diagnoses, development of treatment plans, implementation of treatment plans, follow-up and evaluation of the patient’s response to treatment, accurate documentation of the patient’s status, and patient advocacy.
- APRNs are clinical experts who design, implement and evaluate patient-specific and population-based programs of care and promote care through a variety of methods.
- APRNs function at all levels of the healthcare system within three sphere of influence: client, personnel, and organization.
- APRNs must have a collaborating physician(s) in an associated Standard Care Arrangement.
- The APRN II must spend 50% of hours worked utilizing prescriptive authority in their advanced clinical practice role.
EDUCATION: Master's Degree in Nursing Graduate from NP, CNS or midwife program Board certified APN Certificate of Authority as NP, CNS or Midwife from OBN. Holds Certificate to Prescribe (or CTP-E) or obtained within 1 year of hire. Specialty certification in area of expertise within one year of start date Registered Nurse
EXPERIENCE: 3-4 years Clinical in Nursing Nursing practice in geriatric, occupational health, or other applicable setting.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrated expertise in area of clinical specialization..Candidate must be a PMHNP - Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with inpatient experience.
Job Title: ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE II-DIVERSIFIED SERVICES
Department Name: TII PSYCHIATRY
Location: Good Samaritan Hospital
Employment Status: Full Time Position
Shift: Day Shift
Weekend Commitment: No
Holiday Commitment: No
On-Call Commitment: No
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Geriatric, Nursing, Registered Nurse, Counseling, Labor and Delivery, Healthcare
Job Requisition Number: 168280