As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Nemours is seeking an Advanced Practice Nurse, Float to join our team to see routine and urgent pediatric patients in the primary care setting at the Shipley Street, Milford and Seaford, DE locations. This is a full-time opportunity with flexibility for evening and weekend shifts. Open tospecialties in Pediatrics and Family Practice.
The Advanced Practice Nurse is responsible for an area of specialized nursing practice, and provides direct and indirect care to patients and their families in an Outpatient primary care setting.
1. Practices collaboratively with physicians and other health care providers to provide high quality health care to children.
2. Performs appropriate assessment of patient/family.
3. Performs ongoing assessment and evaluation o f patient progress and revision of interdisciplinary plan of care.
4. Identifies patient/family need for further resources and initiates appropriate referrals.
5. Documents patient care and progress on patient’s chart in Electronic Medical Record.
6. Provides patient/family teaching based on identification of learning needs.
7. Evaluates compliance with the prescribed treatment regimen through telephone calls, family/patient assessments and outpatient visits as needed.
8. Utilizes advanced knowledge and specialized skill in nursing practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, hospital policy and protocol
A. Education, Training and Experience
1. Master of Science in Nursing.
2. Five years of related clinical experience
3. Pediatric Primary Care experience preferred
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
1. Current Registered Nurse license in t he State of Delaware,
2. Current Advanced Practice Nurse license in the State of Delaware, with prescriptive authority.
**Open to specialties in Pediatrics or Family Practice**
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.