Omron is seeking a dynamic Account Manager to join our Advanced Motion Sales Team. In this role, you will be working closely with your fellow team members to assist our customers in competing in the global marketplace by providing them with hardware and software solutions and enabling them to implement the latest automation technology. You will have the opportunity to introduce superior advanced motion technologies, while also differentiating yourself with the full breadth of Omron's end to end automation solutions right at your fingertips. We are recruiting for candidates who reside in the Central to Western region of the country with access to major airports.
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, and presentations for prospective customers.
- Responsible for accurate and thorough sales activity & opportunity reporting, including forecasts.
- Responsibilities include developing and managing automation projects throughout the U.S. with both new and existing customer
- Coordinating with Sales Management, Regional Sales Teams, Strategic and Industry Account Managers to grow overall company revenues.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key personnel at assigned and/or targeted accounts and channel partners.
- Developing extensive knowledge of targeted markets and the applicable Omron Advanced Motion solutions associated with them.
- Supporting product management and marketing in identifying customer/market requirements and trends.
- Represent Omron in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner.
- Represent the Omron Guiding Principles through personal and business interactions with employees, customers, distributors, and colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or related field preferred but not required.
- Five (5) years of experience in sales of industrial automation or similar products.
- Knowledge of Advanced Motion controllers and servo products.
- Sales experience of complimentary industrial automation products that may include Controls, Safety, Robotics and/or Sensing.
- Solid technical sales professional with demonstrated record of quota achievement and growth.
- Prior experience with distribution channel and integrators is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively present to technical audiences, senior management and public forums.
- High technical aptitude, strong reasoning ability, high level of energy, strong initiative, reliability, perseverance and stability.
- Strong relationship builder and a strong personal desire to win
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with strong organizational skills
- This position will require approximately 40% travel.