Advanced Modeling Engineer - Thermodynamics
Less than 5 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
Established HVAC Manufacturer (Located in the West South Central States) is seeking a Thermodynamics Professional to develop and maintain the organizations proprietary HVAC modeling software that is used for NEW PRODUCT and TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT.
- Develop and maintain HVAC component and system modeling and simulation tools for new product and technology development
- Design and conduct experiments as necessary to develop component and system models and to validate the models
- Develop and maintain documentation for modeling tools and simulation software
- Train staff on application of the tools and support them in performing system simulations
- Conduct detailed thermo-fluid analysis of current and new products using analytical methods, in-house design tools/software and other commercial software
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and internal customers to gather requirements and provide updates/reports for assigned projects
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the Company's and competitive products, and keep abreast of industry activities and product and technology trends
- Must be hands on and have experience working in a laboratory environment
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Chemical Engineering. Expertise in Thermal Sciences (Heat Transfer, Fluid Flow and Thermodynamics) required. Ph.D. degree preferred
- 2years of demonstrated experience in the development of modeling and simulation software for thermo-fluid systems.
- At least 2years engineeringexperience specific to application of fluid flow and heat and mass transfer analysis to highly engineered products.
- Experiencewith air conditioning, heat pump and or refrigeration systems highly desired.
- Must be hands on and have experience in working in a lab in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability in working in product development teams
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analysis including statistical and uncertainty analysis.
- Demonstrated ability in designing experiments, interpreting experimental data, conducting analysis, drawing conclusions and preparing summary reports.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, and governmental
- Demonstrated proficiency with commercial modeling and simulation software such as Engineering Equation Solver, Modelica, and Matlab etc.
- Project management skills and knowledge required
- Knowledge of programming with Visual Basic (VBA) and C# desired
Email your resume in complete Confidentiality!