$80K — $100K *
An Advanced Mechanical Engineer is responsible for producing a complete mechanical design package for each project they are assigned to. This position is also involved in the creation of design standards/practices and the development of new machine concepts and modifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
1. Steward our mission (to enrich lives by providing differentiated packaging automation and services) and values (unwavering integrity, servant’s heart, ownership spirit and continuous innovation and improvement).
2. Responsible for developing new design concepts and standards.
3. Produce machine designs and detailed prints that comply with Douglas Machine engineering standards and project specifications.
4. Required to represent the Product Engineering department as a subject matter expert in regards to product lines, purchased components, and/or selected procedures.
5. Work with the electrical engineer on the mechanical/electrical interfaces within the design.
6. Ensure that all the documentation is updated and completed throughout the engineering process.
7. Responsible for accurately estimating and managing workload to maintain project schedule.
8. Ensure that all the documentation is updated and completed throughout the engineering process.
9. Support projects throughout the fabrication, assembly, and installation process.
10. Attend sales and customer meetings as required.
11. Assist with a machine installation or machine problems at a customer site as required.
12. Responsible for developing and documenting machine timing.
13. Lead a small project team.
14. Provides guidance and work direction for team members (Designers, Engineers, Assistant Designers and/or Detailers).
15. Maintains project schedules and completes assigned projects within allocated hours.
16. Review designs with senior engineering team, SMEs and manufacturing personnel throughout the engineering process.
17. Responsible for complying with all safety policies and procedures
18. Perform other assigned duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lead and mentor others.
- Able to manage projects in an organized and effective manner
- Capable of designing functional machines within a given time frame, conforming to set standards and specifications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to develop new design concepts and standards.
- Familiar with the reading of blueprints and have some background in machine fabrication and machining processes.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office software and 3D CAD software systems; Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP) preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and 4 years of relevant work experience or an A.A.S. degree in Mechanical Drafting, Design and Engineering or related field and 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Requires demonstrated success in the designing of packaging machinery.
Valid through: 3/9/2021