Tracking Code S178722-846Job Description
This position will lead manufacturing technology projects, champion Best Methods teams and standardization processes. It will also provide support to all functional areas (Engineering - advanced, program, or development; Manufacturing; Commercial; Quality; etc.) where manufacturing technology expertise is required, including launch support, floor support, cost/quality improvements, and customer initiatives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage new process development projects and coordinate activities with various internal & external customers
- Develop manufacturing process designs and coordinate with tooling and equipment sources for construction & validation
- Establish and maintain integrated working relationship with global teams and lead a functional Best Methods team
- Drive standardization throughout Tenneco by use of Best Methods teams, benchmarking, and setting process standards
- Champion benchmarking initiatives and integrate their findings into appropriate areas of Tenneco
- Create APQP documents including Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEA’s, and
- Control Plans
- Lead capital and tooling acquisitions, analysis and strategies
- Assist manufacturing facilities in design and applications of gages and fixtures
- Interface with suppliers and research development centers to research and develop new product and process design and technology concepts
- Support manufacturing with launch and continuous improvement activities
- Support customer teams with quotes, designs, VA/VE initiatives and technical presentations
- Provide technical support and assistance to the manufacturing, quality, development, and program staffs
- Support and adhere to Tenneco EH&S policies and procedures
- Support TS16949, ISO14001, APQP and other applicable procedures and policies
- Develop, evaluate, and drive improvement in Rod Manufacturing process methods and procedures
- Participate in Program Launch meetings and be a part of prototype manufacturing runs.
- Provide input for design for manufacturability, process yield and capacity.
- Become subject matter expert in customer and product requirements for Rod Manufacturing.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BSME plus 5+ years experience
- Extensive experience in tool and manufacturing process development with knowledge of CAD and functional expertise in application of GD&T
- Self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations
- Ability to lead and function in a team environment, while effectively communicating across various levels of the organization
- Ability to travel in support of job function (plants, customers, suppliers etc.) Some overseas travelrequired
- 5 years of combined education and work experience related to machining.
- Metal cutting process and tool design.
- Centerless Grinding experience is a plus
- Superfinishing experience is a plus
- CNC Lathe experience is a plus
- Screw Machine experience is a plus
- High volume automotive manufacturing is a plus
- Advanced degree
- Six Sigma Green Belt