UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced manufacturing engineer/program manager based out of our North American manufacturing facilities.
- Be a key member of a core Advanced Engineering team who will work closely with product design, manufacturing engineering, operations, corporate R&D and equipment suppliers to implement operational programs on the production floor
- Design, planning and execution of operational improvements in the areas of heat exchanger fabrication, material handling, and assembly processes within the existing Global HVAC plants
- Work with local plant engineering, manufacturing, and management to evaluate operational improvement program needs and develop project scopes for Carrier’s North American facilities
- This could include management of new plant construction, layout and start-up
- This could also include integration of automation / robotics for heat exchanger & sheet metal fabrication, material handling and assembly processes within the Global HVAC business in connection with Smart Factory activities
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing operations at Global HVAC plants
- Ensure constant EH&S compliancy
- Lead implementation, installation teams, including riggers, electricians, etc. to safe completion of projects on time and within budget
- Ensure quality process implementation through the use of analytical process capability tools (DOEs, ProCert and ACE)
- Evaluate process and equipment capabilities and capacities
- Perform cost analysis to track and report on budget
- Equipment bidding and contractor selection
- Be an Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineer that has Manufacturing Engineering/Project Managementexperience in large, high-volume manufacturing facility
- Must have experience managing multiple projects and working on and/or leading cross functional teams
- Must have project management experience to include planning, budgeting, supplier negotiations, equipment layout and implementation, and communicating with internal customers
- Experience managing manufacturing or development engineering programs
- Must be able to work with minimal direct guidance or direction from others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong computer skills required, including AutoCAD, MS Excel, and MS Project
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships with production employees, peers, and manufacturing management
- Familiarity with production systems and related machinery and processes common to HVAC&R products is desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of equipment controls required, automation / robotics experiencedesired
- Demonstrated knowledge of RTPF coil assembly, mechanical coil expansion, hairpin bending, plate fin fabrication and brazing processes, controls and equipment used in production environments for HVAC&R products is desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of MCHX coil assembly, fin stamping and oven brazing processes, controls and equipment used in high volume heat exchanger production is a plus
- Minimum of BS degree in an engineering discipline or applicable equivalent from an accredited university with a minimum of six years engineering and/or management experience in a manufacturing setting
- BA/BS degree w/6–10+ years’ experience
- MA/MSdegree w/4–7+ years’ experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 67987BR