The Systems Engineer is responsible for all parts of the systems engineering lifecycle throughout thedevelopment of Flight Data Recorders within the Mission Systems product area. The systems engineer must have broad and deep level of expertise that relates to Flight Data Recorders. In this position you will develop system architectures, requirements, interfaces, integration , and testing of complex hardware/software for aviation-based systems.
The Systems Engineer will demonstrate Systems Engineering domain expertise and skills related toembedded software and hardware development throughout the entire Systems development lifecycle. You will be responsible for developing systems architecture, requirements, systems design, verification and validation, while satisfying FAA regulatory requirements like DO-178C (level D). You will provide technical guidance to other personnel and lead the Systems Engineering scope for development projects. You must be self-motivated, willing to learn, detail-oriented, and able to work collaboratively withothers in a process centric environment. In addition, you will:
• Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
• Articulate architectural technology and product positioning business, managers and technical staff.
• Provide design and specification development support to consultants, integrators, and distributors.
• Collaborate with the development teams to establish solution architectures for our product suite and the needs of our customers
• Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
• Support Sales activities with technical presentations, requirements definition, and architecture for proposals
• Listen to, understand and convey customer requirements.
• Provide technical oversight to ensure developed solutions satisfy customer and business requirements
• Aid in the development of strategic roadmaps
• Proactively initiate engagement with support groups for review concurrence and compliance in Hardware, Software, Quality Assurance, Safety, Reliability, Maintainability & Testability, Manufacturing, and Test
• Travel to project sites to preform start-up, integration, and training services.
• Document all aspects of the project details and maintain a constant communication flow withsupport groups, management and executives to ensure all
stakeholders stay current.
• Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
• Maintain professional business relationships within internal support organizations and target accounts.
• Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects.
• Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
• Master's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college with a minimum of 5 yearsof developing system architectures derived from customer
requirements including military applications
• BS in Engineering from an accredited college or university, or equivalent, with a minimum of 8 yearsof experience in an engineering role (including 5 in Systems
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
· This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
• Solid understanding of Avionics power, data bus, and other electrical interfaces
• Ability to perform system design trade studies
• Knowledge of embedded processing technologies including micro-controllers, micro-processors, and system-on-chip devices
• Read architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings and have a solid understanding of electrical and mechanical systems.
• Effective communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills
• Experience in Flight Data Recorders (FDR) and Cockpit Voice Recorders (CVR)
• Experience within the hardware domain and embedded software design
• Proven track record with Project Management skills and product development
• Experience working on projects with a requirement for RTCA/DO-254, RTCA/DO-178B/C, DO-160 or equivalent
• Familiarity with Military interface and environmental standards such as MIL-STD-1553, MIL-STD-1760, MIL-STD-461, and MIL-STD-810
• Experience with engineering tools such as Dimensions, DOORS, or Enterprise Architect
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.