MDA Information Systems LLC is looking for a Advanced Imaging Research Scientist at our Ann Arbor area location.
MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence. The firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government. MDA Information Systems LLC offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account and tuition assistance. MDA Information Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To be qualified, you must be a US Citizen and be eligible to receive an active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Perform research and development of advanced imaging systems, including phase-diverse, spectral, and polarimetric systems.
- Apply PhD level capabilities in detection, estimation, and signal processing with applications to incoherent and coherent imaging.
- Assist in the development of unconventional-imaging system design.
- Develop wavefront-sensing, adaptive optics, and image-restoration algorithms using modern statistical-estimation theory.
- Develop and exercise computer algorithms to quantify performance of imaging systems as a function of key parameters and organize results in clear presentations.
- Contribute to proposals.
- Participate in business development with the goal of becoming a technical lead on future contracts.
- PhD degree in Optics, ElectricalEngineering, or related field.
- Ability to work independently to develop algorithms and to validate prototyping code.
- Familiarity with C and/or GPU coding a plus.
- Demonstrate an understanding of image formation, including with unconventional imaging systems.