Micron’s Interface Pathfinding team serves as a bridge between corporate strategy and the engineering teams through forward-looking investigation and development of energy-efficient bandwidth solutions in support of sustained technology leadership. As such, all members of the team are expected to proactively identify and evaluate opportunities for, and drive, performance scaling through an innovative circuit, signaling, packaging, and interconnect solutions with a 3-5 year outlook, and to develop a robust intellectual property portfolio around the same. These objectives are realized through an environment of diligent, continuous learning.
The candidate will be expected to support Micron’s performance scaling strategies through:
- Evaluating both novel and literature-inspired advanced I/O circuit functionality, and preparing promising solutions for future product adoption
- Realizing ROI through diligent hand-shaking of new concepts with product teams
- Co-developing new Design-for-Test and in-situ characterization capabilities
- Deriving / incorporating new circuit analysis supporting enhanced performance characterization
- Driving circuit preparation to take advantage of test-chip opportunities
The candidate will be expected to engage across multiple disciplines and organizations including Signal Integrity, Circuit, and Chip Design, Packaging R&D, and System Integration.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Ph.D. w/10 years of industry experience or MSEE w/15 years of industry experience
- Deep knowledge of CMOS device and circuit theory and familiarity with process integration
- Comprehensive experience with end-to-end IC design flow and demonstrated success taking circuits from conception through layout / tape-out and into high volume manufacturing
- Demonstrated success designing high-speed SerDes including simple to complex equalization at both ends of the link and familiarity with CDR / PLL design and data-encoding / error-correction
- Demonstrated success designing in advanced logic nodes (20nm Planar → 7nm FinFET)
- Working knowledge of signal and power integrity principles and sensitivities
Successful candidates for this position will be:
- Pro-active – The candidate will be expected to identify gaps and opportunities and address them with minimal supervision.
- Visionary – The candidate will be expected to think “outside the box” and yet offer innovative solutions within a set of practical constraints.
- Communicator – The candidate should be able to clearly convey necessary details of complex issues and corresponding solutions in both written and verbal formats.
- Collaborator – The candidate should be able to work synergistically within the larger pathfinding team.