You should have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering. Along with five-plus years of experience in Advanced Manufacturing/Simultaneous Engineering/Manufacturing Feasibility. You will be responsible for design, validation, and manufacturing process qualification for New Product Introduction, providing data to drive the process, design, or component improvement. To include projects, which will deliver capacity, throughput, productivity, improvements while reducing reject, scrap, and rework. The salary for this role is dependent on experience. Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States with operations in Washington, Oregon, and California. Milgard was recently acquired by MI Windows, creating additional opportunities for growth and synergies between these two industry leaders.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Program Manager job responsibilities include:
- You will be responsible for New Product Introduction (NPI) process owner who leads cross-functional team completing New Production Development (NPD) and New Product Introduction (NPI), strategic initiatives, and manufacturing footprint projects from scoping phase to commercialization.
- Design, validation, and qualification of the manufacturing process for New Product Introduction providing data to drive process, design, or component improvement.
- To also include projects, which will deliver capacity, throughput, productivity, improvements while reducing reject, scrap, and rework.
- Develop program timeline, including launch planning, and launch of new products and production tools and processes
- Lead Enterprise-wide cross-functional team to launch New Product Introduction, strategic initiatives, and manufacturing footprint projects
- Provide Program Management Leadership and Operations voice in Enterprise-wide Program Management decision making
- Lead Product Development, Commercial team, Supply Chain, Suppliers and Operations to simultaneously engineer products and processes to optimize both product and process
- Provide technical leadership and project support moving production systems between operations
- Initiate product and process engineering projects to reduce unit defects
- Reduce the cost of New Products through Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly methods
- Drive New Product Launch Process continuous improvement actions
- Provide real-time production process capability information to product engineering to drive component design and rational tolerancing
- Develop Manufacturing systems and related Capital Expenditure Requests (CER) to deliver future optimal requirements
- Provide technical assistance and leadership to the planning and purchase of new manufacturing equipment across the enterprise to support existing processes
- Increase the productivity and efficiency of existing and planned fabrication equipment
- Lead Operations staff and plant personnel to provide timely manufacturing feasibility information to product engineering to optimize product designs for production
- Meet major project KPIs (Quality, Delivery, Cost – Project/Product)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering
- Five-plus years’ experience in Advanced Manufacturing/Simultaneous Engineering/Manufacturing Feasibility
- Five-plus years of involvement with Design/Production feasibility working experience with Design failure mode and effect analysis (DFMEA), Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Design Validation Plan and Report (DVP&R), and Design for Manufacturing / Assembly (DFM/DFA)
- Eight-plus years with Shop Floor Manufacturing Experience, including automation. Fenestration experience a plus but not a must.
- Strong project management skills, be able to understand project bottleneck, risks and develop and implement a mitigation plan
- Strong influencing and communication skills, be able to work with Product Management, Product Engineering, Supply Chain, Operation, and Sales team within program scope
- Ability to organize tasks and manage time to complete multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Lean Six Sigma certifications preferred
- Microsoft Office suite savvy and experience with statistical software such as Minitab is preferred.
- Certified Six Sigma Greenbelt or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer is preferred
- You should have the ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.