Pratt and Whitney Military Engines
- Business Acquisition Center of Excellence (BACE) organization is seeking a highly-experienced, proven proposal manager to lead various Advanced Engine Program proposal efforts. The Advanced Engine Programs Proposal Manager position will lead proposal and on-contract activities including the development, submittal, negotiation, sweep (when required), and award of contract. This position will ensure the proposals comply with customer requirements and follow company standard work to include adherence to the ME gated review processes. Detailed description and responsibilities include:
- The Proposal Manager is responsible for and has ownership of the process from the decision to bid an opportunity through to getting the opportunity on contract including: integrating and leading BACE resources in the development of a proposal submittal, approving BOEs, managing the narrative volumes, facilitating and coordinating fact-finding and negotiations of proposals, and, when required leading the Sweep activities to ensure a timely award of the contract to PW Military Engines.
- Proposal portfolio may include the full spectrum of P and W proposals to include technology, production, development and sustainment proposals as well as Requests for Information and Requests for Rough Order of Magnitude estimates
- Preparing proposal plans and schedules and coordinating with the BAM and Business Acquisition Team;
- Leading preparation for and hosting proposal kickoff meetings;
- Coordinating with BACE Proposal Operations and Training personnel to ensure proposal teams are trained in the processes and tools being used;
- Managing proposal requirement working groups with United States Government (USG) to ensure proposal requirements are clearly defined;
- Where necessary, assisting BAM in converting strategies into key proposal messages for technical, management, past performance, and cost/price proposal volumes. Review proposal to ensure strengths, weaknesses, discriminators, features, and benefits are appropriately addressed;
- Approving estimating methodology to be used in the proposal, including review and approvals of proposal BOEs;
- Reviewing and approving technical volume for compatibility with BOEs and other cost or pricing data and adherence to messaging;
- Where necessary, conducting color team reviews as appropriate; evaluating input and managing the incorporation of changes;
- Leading team to respond to fact finding and technical evaluation activities with the USG and P and W suppliers;
- Leading the team during Sweep process including the review and approval of BOEs prior to sweep certification and final submittal to the customer;
- Ensuring the team meets its customer commitments and providing transparency throughout the process;
- Communicating proposal status including escalating as appropriate when proposal deadlines are in jeopardy.
- Identifying and documenting process turnbacks and lessons learned;
- Ensuring P and W
-s CRM proposal status and tracking systems are always current, accurate and complete.|
6+ years of proposal / contract experience on U.S. DoD and international military programs.
5 years experience developing complex proposals within a large, matrixed organization.
U.S. Citizenship is required due to access to export controlled data
Ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
Familiarity with advanced engines/ research and development work
Familiarity with the Military Engines products and services
Strong background in the development and negotiation of program requirements and in the development of effective BOEs that are responsive to those requirements
Project management skills
Active US Government Security Clearance (secret or above) highly desirable
Education: Required: BA/BS degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 76231BR