Keen to become part of a truly global, collaborative team of professionals? Your journey begins here.
Hogan Lovells is seeking an Advanced Client Data Solutions Technology and Analytics Advisor to manage technology assisted review, analytics, and litigation support projects with an emphasis on the use of advanced technologies. The individual in this position:
- quickly becomes a trusted advisor to case teams on technology and workflows and ensures their successful execution;
- leads all projects, no matter how complex, with a high degree of attorney and client satisfaction throughout; communicates frequently with case teams and service providers and ensures projects remain defensible, on time, and within budget;
- deploys analytics and machine learning technologies in complex litigation and investigations and helps disseminate understanding of their uses and benefits throughout the firm; and assists Advanced Client Data Solutions Team Leads in training other department members on advanced technologies and workflows.
- Consult with case teams and clients to develop analytics and machine learning strategies and custom workflows, and ensure their successful execution in complex litigation and investigations.
- Consult with case teams and clients on eDiscovery technology and best practices, including drafting and advising on all aspects of ESI protocols, including machine learning and validation.
- Lead even the most complex litigation support and advanced technology projects as primary point of contact and manage all activities and workflows.
- Supervise the execution of projects and project tasks by Advanced Client Data Solutions Project Managers and Coordinators.
- Act as a technical advisor and conduct advanced training on analytics, machine learning, and review tools for case teams and other firm personnel.
- Encourage case teams to leverage internal resources and the firm’s managed services program.
- Maintain and improve best practices and standard operating procedures in consultation with Advanced Client Data Solutions Team Leads.
- Develop and execute on strategies for disparate data sources, including structured, unstructured, mobile, and cloud data.
- Ensure eDiscovery specifications and deliverables conform to case requirements, including with respect to machine learning, validation, processing and production.
- Anticipate, prevent, identify, and resolve issues.
- Maintain defensible documentation at all times.
- Establish project milestones, provide status reports, and conduct meetings with service providers and case teams to keep projects on track.
- Develop cost estimates, advise clients on minimizing costs, and ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to vendors and internal resources.
- Assist and take initiative with firm and departmental projects as required.
- Specific duties or responsibilities may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changes in personnel and management structure, staff location or services.
- All members of the firm are expected to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with Relativity and Relativity Structured Analytics
- Proficiency in leading live cases with machine learning technology such as Brainspace, NexLP, and Insight Predict
- Complex workflow development and execution incorporating advanced technologies
- Proficiency with statistical analysis for validation and sampling
- Superior understanding of eDiscovery best practices, including preservation, collection, culling, processing, review, analysis, validation, and production protocols
- Ability to understand the perspective and anticipate the needs of lawyers
- Ability to build rapport with lawyers, staff, clients, and vendors at all level
- Ability to work in a team setting and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet changing deadlines, work under pressure, and balance competing demands
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Ability to attend to detail and the big picture as appropriate
- Ability to anticipate and solve practical problems, dealing with a variety of variables where little standardization exists
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Positive and energetic demeanor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the indicated skill level in the following software:
- Relativity, including Structured Analytics
- Brainspace and/or NexLP and/or similar machine learning platform
- Microsoft Office products including Teams, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Processing tool capabilities, such as LAW and Nuix
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years experience leading large eDiscovery projects relying on analytics and machine learning technology
- 3+ years experience supervising the execution of projects and project tasks by eDiscovery personnel on large eDiscovery projects
- RCA, Relativity Analytics, and Brainspace certifications preferred
- Litigation experience as a practicing lawyer a plus
- Degree in computer science, data analytics, information management, or related field a plus
- Review management experience a plus.