The Individual Insurance and Wealth business unit represents close to 30 per cent of all Sun Life Financial global revenue and more than 50 per cent of Canadian earnings. We’re a top provider of life, health and wealth products in the Canadian marketplace.
This is an exciting career opportunity for an expert in Individual Insurance products and complex cases involving advanced sales and business development strategies.
As an Advanced Case Manager you will be responsible for providing complex sales strategy support to the Sun Life Financial Career Sales Force (CSF), our network of Financial Advisors and dealers, who distribute Sun Life Financial's suite of Individual Insurance products.
You will play a key role in supporting our Financial Advisors with new insurance sales and business development, primarily within the affluent and high net worth markets, by proactively working with Insurance Sales Directors and Financial Advisors to identify sales opportunities and recommend solutions using your advanced knowledge of Sun Life Financial products, competitive positioning, and complex sales strategies.
- Provide support to Financial Advisors and the CSF regarding large and/or complex cases and competitive situations with a focus on helping to generate sales and close new business
- Facilitate webinars within assigned regions to improve our Financial Advisors knowledge and awareness of products and concepts that will help to drive sales and new business
- Participate in proactive business development and marketing programs to increase Financial Advisor awareness of services, product enhancements, and marketing initiatives in place to help drive new business
- Deliver training programs to Financial Advisors in the early stages of their career with a focus on advanced concepts and strategies
- Support Insurance Sales Directors through joint site visits, proactive follow up with Financial Advisors, and supporting key events such as the Annual Sales Congresses, and completing technical work to support the site visits
- Liaise between Financial Advisors and corporate office teams (Product, Affluent Insurance Solutions (Pricing), Underwriting, New Business and EFPs) to ensure smooth placement of new business, advocating for Financial Advisor special requests when appropriate
- Provide input to product teams on product features and enhancements, new concept ideas, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Sun Life Financial individual life and health insurance products
- Expert knowledge of sales concepts and strategies and their application, as well as competitive information
- Strong understanding of our competition and the Canadian insurance and financial environment including government regulations and tax implications
- Solid understanding of internal business processes and key internal partners
- Excellent grasp of systems and tools used to support the sales process (Illustration systems, SVFA, MS Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build solid relationships with internal partners and with the CSF Advisors
- Completion of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation, or working towards completion
- University education in business or finance, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years working with Individual insurance products