Browns Mills, NJ
Industry: Patient Care•
Less than 5 years
Posted 407 days ago
Position Summary and QualificationsInterventional - Endovascular Advanced Practice Nurse
Position Summary: Through collaborative agreements with Attending Endovascular and Adult Cath Medicine staff, primary responsibilities include, ordering, conducting, interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests, prescription of pharmacological agents and non-pharmacologic therapies, provide routine post procedure care to include but not limited to access site care, wound care, suture removal, coordinating and conducting pre-admission testing for all complex Interventional Cardiology patients, management of structural heart (LAA) program.
• Experience: Minimum 3-5 years nursing and CV post-surgical management background preferred.
• Education: Master’s degree or greater. Graduate from an ANA accredited School of Nursing
• Required License / Credentials: Current New Jersey License as a Registered Nurse and Certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse through a specialty association, with prescriptive authority. Current CDS and DEA required within 6-months of employment. Approval of credentials and clinical privileges per Center procedure.
• Other Required Skills: Maintain required continuing education credits, maintain current CPR and ACLS certification, and completes required education for nurse practitioner re-certification of 30 hours of category 1 contact hours/year. 50% of the overall credits per 5 years must be from an approved ANCC provider. Computer proficiency. Six contact hours in continuing education in pharmacology related to controlled substance including pharmacologic therapy education requirements related to initial and renewal certification.
• Contact With Others: Regular internal and/or external contacts involving considerable tact, discretion and persuasion in order to obtain information and/or willing action or consent.
• Supervision Given: none
• Supervision Received: Performs duties independently, following established procedures and reporting periodically to supervisor