Adv Rendering & GPU Compute Engineer
- Job Number: 53894775
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 28-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Apple’s GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Apple Watch. Our responsibilities encompass the frameworks, developer tools, and device drivers for the GPU and Display on all of Apple’s hardware. This team recently announced Metal 2 which provides near-direct access to the graphics processing unit (GPU), enabling you to maximize the graphics and compute potential of apps on iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. Building upon an efficient low-overhead architecture with precompiled shaders, fine-grained resource control, and multithreading support, Metal 2 further boosts performance by enabling the GPU to take more control of the rendering pipeline. Moving beyond just graphics, Metal 2 provides deep support for GPU-accelerated machine learning and offers enhanced developer tools that make it even easier to debug, optimize, and deploy Metal apps. On Mac, Metal 2 adds support for virtual reality (VR) rendering and external GPUs, and provides new APIs and optimizations to help developers embrace these emerging technologies within their apps.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C++
- A strong background in machine learning algorithms
- Expertise in high performance parallel programming. GPU programming experience (CUDA or OpenCL) a plus.
- Experience with GPU performance analysis and optimization
- Background in mathematics, including linear algebra and numerical methods
The Advanced Compute and Rendering team is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to work on GPU-accelerated machine learning algorithms. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the design and implementation of highly optimized deep learning algorithms for the GPU. The scope of these efforts ranges from defining and implementing APIs in the MetalPerformanceShaders framework, investigating new algorithms, performing in-depth analysis and optimization to ensure the best possible performance on iOS GPUs and help influence the design of compute and programming models in next-generation architectures on iOS and macOS.
Technical BS/MS degree, PHD is a plus
* Strong communication and teamwork skills * Strong track record of building high performance, production quality software on schedule. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.