You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Digital Solutions is a team of skilled professionals who dedicate their careers to accelerating the growth of Sun Life’s digital platforms through technology-based solutions. We focus on looking for and seizing opportunities to leverage digital, data and analytics in new ways as we continue to help our Clients achieve lifetime financial security, live healthier lives and connect with us. Come join us as we continue to intensify the focus on our digital journey, helping our clients and transforming our business in exciting ways!
We are looking for an experienced Adobe AEM Systems Developer, proficient with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM 6.5), to provide technical design, development, support and analysis for large-scale Content management applications and systems. The successful candidate is a team player with excellent technical and problem-solving skills, is aware of industry trends, questions the status quo and can identify and propose alternatives.
What will you do?
- Hands on development building enterprise applications using AEM 6.5 this will include develop templates, and components
- Hands on AEM 6.5 sites configuration and set-up
- Fine tuning AEM 6.5 site performance and responsiveness
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and leadership to the design and development project team
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to projects ensuring risks are mitigated and projects are implemented successfully
- Contribute to defining timelines and plans; analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time and scope
- Ensure coding, testing, debugging and implementation activities are completed as required
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years experience developing applications with AEM 6.5
- 3+ years experience with AEM 6.5 building blocks including templates, components, dialogs, widgets and bundles.
- 3+ years experience of the following: JCR, Apache Sling, Apache Felix, OSGi,
- 1+ years experience with Unix/Linux, web and web hosting technologies
- 1+ years experience using DevOps tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, BitBucket, Maven, CDD/Ansible) and also Adobe Cloud Manager
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to align to changing priorities
- Adaptable to working on teams delivering in a Waterfall or agile style
- Customer obsession – customers are at the centre of all we do
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a strong, collaborative, multi-site team
- Self-directed and proactive
- Coaching and mentoring skills to help strengthen your team
- Periodic weekend/after-hours work may be required to support project implementations and system upgrades.
- Occasional travel between Sun Life locations (Toronto, Waterloo) may be required depending on work assignment.
- You must be eligible for the enhanced reliability clearance
What's in it for you?
- Being part of our journey in developing the next greatest digital experience
- Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- A common sense dress code, where you dictate how you dress based on your day