Manage the facility’s inquiry and admission process and provide customers with facility-related information via facility tours, personal visits/assessments, conversations, and follow-up. Coordinate and implement effective facility sales and marketing programs.
Essential Job Functions
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
The Director of Marketing/Admissions is ultimately responsible for the facility’s census. While this individual cannot market nor fill the building themselves, they must be able to provide leadership to the marketing team that will lead to building and maintaining a high census.
- Respond to inquiry calls from hospital discharge planners, families, and other referral sources. Conduct facility tours. Manage the admission process by maintaining updated bed availability and facility services information at all times. Manage the inquiry process professionally, timely and with appropriate follow-up. Effectively manage occupancy levels and census/premium mix enhancement.
- Makes sales calls outside the facility to medical, insurance, legal, and financial professionals, senior organizations, appropriate special interest groups, hospital discharge planners and other community contacts.
- Develop and maintain relationships to advise referral sources of bed availability and new products and services, and efficiently meet the daily needs of the community at large. Promote the facility and its services to referring agencies. Maintain the current database of existing and potential referral sources.
- Visit all referral sources periodically.
- Alert appropriate department supervisors and building staff of projected changes, i.e. admissions, bed changes, and discharges, by chairing daily admission meeting to discuss forthcoming changes. Utilize bed management principles.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Director of Nursing and the Business Office Manager to assure appropriate and efficient decisions about prospective admissions. Recommend admission decisions to facility management. When admissions determinations are made, communicate with nursing and housekeeping about appropriate room and bed selection.
- Obtain appropriate admission papers and signatures from residents or responsible parties prior to admission. Communicate special needs of new admits to staff to facilitate a smooth transition.
- Maintain a waiting list in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal and State regulations and reimbursement (Managed Care, Medicare, and Medicaid). Provide assistance with new employee orientations on these topics and the admission process. Maintain a strong working knowledge of managed care referral process.
- Monitor inquiry, admission, and census trends. Prepare an inquiry log and otherreports as required. Monitor all active and inactive inquiries.
- Monitor and evaluate customer satisfaction. Audiences might include new admissions, post-discharges, current residents and families, community sources and inquiries that were unable to admit. Share results with the management team and others as appropriate to develop action plans as needed.
- Develop and implement special events and presentations targeted at community education, establishing, and maintaining status for the facility as the expert on skilled nursing, specialty programs, and rehabilitation care in the community.
- Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
- Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill & Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.
- Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
- Protect the personal property of the residents of the facility.
- Others as directed by the supervisor or administrator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Communications or related field preferred.
- Two (2) years equivalent experience in a sales/marketing position or Director of Admissions position in lieu of degree.
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
- Comply with the Residents' Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures.
- Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.