You Will Be Responsible For:
- Works directly with the other department supervisors in completing responsibilities for facility marketing and admissions of new residents.
- Process all inquiries received by the facility.
- Conduct facility tours for prospective residents and/or their relatives.
- Provide education to residents and families regarding the services available at the facility and the resources that are provided to residents based on individual resident needs.
- Prepares marketing materials and visits area Physicians, Hospitals, and Care settings that would generate potential future admission sources for the facility.
- Responsible for developing the facility marketing plan.
- Coordinates preadmission procedures, handouts, and required paperwork.
- Through pre-admission contacts, obtains assessment of the potential resident's needs, diagnosis, special equipment needs, services that will be needed, etc. and informs the facility. Interdisciplinary team of these needs to ensure a smooth admission process.
- Ensures all needed and required paperwork is completed timely.
- PASSAR information and forms are completed prior to admission.
- An Attending Physician who will be responsible for the care of the resident after admission has been designated by the resident/family prior to admission. Orders by the Physician are available on admission.
- Transfer information is complete with all needed information including copies of related tests, examination reports, etc. to insure continuity of care for the resident after admission.
- Identifies DNR status, copies of Living Wills and Health Care Proxy information at the time of admission to the facility.
- Presents all resident information to the facility Admission Committee with recommendations based on facility criteria for admission and placement.
- Ensures that admission to the facility is made only if the needs of the resident can be met by the facility per the admission criteria policy.
What You Will Need:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of admissions or marketing experience
- Knowledge of SNF Medicare and skilled services
- Knowledge of the process of Marketing, Community Rapport, Admissions, and working with area Hospital Discharge Coordinators
The Admissions and Marketing Director is responsible for marketing the facility, generating appropriate resident admissions, and maintaining facility census at an acceptable level established by management, and overseeing the admissions process.