In partnership with Riverside University Health System Behavioral Health, Telecare will be assuming operations for the Integrated Services Recovery Center & Step Down (ISRC/FSP) programs as of July 2017.
The ISRC/FSP & Step Down program provides adult mental health consumers intensive, multidisciplinary wraparound services to help them stay healthy in the community and avoid psychiatric crises or hospitalizations. The program uses a recovery-centered, strengths-based approved to promote hope and wellness in the people we serve. Services are offered on-site and in the community to help people with serious mental health issues gain the skills they need to achieve their hopes and dreams.
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 90 programs and over 3,000 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Employment Status: Full Time
Shift:8am - 5pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Administrator/Program Director manages all aspects of the day to day operations of the Program. This involves ensuring regulatory compliance, actively overseeing Quality Assurance Performance Improvements. Additionally, the Administrator collaborates with all Corporate departments and outside consultants. Ensures all regulatory requirements are met. Acts as the representative of the program to State/County agencies, community partners, and consumer groups.
- Must be a licensed clinician or RN with two years of supervisory experience;
- Masters in Social Services with a current clinical license or licensed as an RN
- Four (4) years of experience in an administrative management position in a health care setting
- Two (2) years of responsibility for supervision of professional staff, budgeting, program planning and licensing
- Must have an understanding of community mental health services and psychiatric rehabilitation concepts and the Recovery Philosophy
- A successful track record working with, and sensitivity to, multi-cultural populations and issues in urban settings are highly desirable
- Must be CPR, ProAct or CPI and First Aid certified upon hire/on first date of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification.
A valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply.
- Demonstrate the company mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Must evade clients in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the Program. Responsible for the administrative functioning of the Program.
- Acts as the Privacy Contact for the Program, maintaining all required records, logs, and systems in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Implements all Program policies and procedures through the appropriate assignment of duties to the administrative staff
- Manages all strategic planning activities of the Program with the primary goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the Program
- Develops and maintains a productive work relationship with State and local agency representatives. Actively participates in meeting customer needs and adapting to changing customer and community needs at all times. Acts as liaison between the program and State/County customers and community partners
- Establishes staffing requirements for all departments. Directs the recruitment, selection and when necessary disciplinary action within the Program
- Manages the Program within allocated budgetary parameters and collaborates in the development of the fiscal budget
- Supervises all department managers and maintains supervisory authority over personnel assigned to the departments
- Directs recruitment, employee selection, and, when necessary, disciplinary action within the program
- Ensures that the program is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and keeps informed about changes in regulations
- Ensures compliance with Telecare's policies and procedures
- Establishes the vision for the facility
- Manages all strategic planning activities of the program
- Demonstrates an understanding of Telecare's stakeholders, including persons served, families, and customers in all interactions and conduct
- Establishes the culture of the program and creates initiatives that reinforce the culture
- Acts as the program's liaison to the Corporate office, ensuring corporate initiatives are implemented and maintained
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Knowledgeable about budgeting, HR, and applicable program regulations
- Good communication, team building and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with psychiatric conditions and recovery principles
- Good customer relations skills
- Skilled at identifying and removing barriers to change