$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. #LI-POST
The Virtualization Engineer will be responsible for managing and administering a growing VMware vSphere 6 environment. Virtualization Engineer duties include design, configuration, daily administration, and capacity planning of OpenText Virtualization infrastructure.
You are great at:
• Deploy, manage, and troubleshoot VMware vSphere Suite 6
• Deploy, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco UCS infrastructure.
• Upgrade existing VMware environments to the latest versions
• Install patches as required by vendors and Security directives
• Design and implement vSphere 6 ESX Clusters, HA, DRS, vSwitches, Distributed Switches and NSX
• Participate in troubleshooting, capacity planning and analysis, performance analysis activities and incident management
• Lead effort on Infrastructure as Code initiative (IaC)
What it takes:
Knowledge and Skill:
• Ability to scope and specify technical solutions
• Strong understanding of industry best practices and standards.
• Experience working with highly complex systems, and enterprise architectures
• Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience, especially in a virtual (VMWare) environment
• Experience with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
• Experience working with diverse storage technologies (Block, NFS) in a virtualized environment.
• Familiarity with core TCP/IP networking concepts
• ITIL concepts strongly preferred
• Excellent time management and able to multitask
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science degree or the equivalent and 5+ years of experience, of which 3 years must be relevant to virtualization
• Practical experience in deployment, management, and troubleshooting of VMware vCloud Director or similar cloud computing products preferred.
• Practical understanding of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
• Hand on working knowledge of virtualization and cloud computing concepts and technologies
• Hand on working knowledge of vSphere 6 platform suite including but not limited to design, configuration, daily administration, capacity planning, and solving related problems
• Hands on experience with Cisco UCS
• Hands on experience with HP blade center.
• Demonstrable experience with automation and configuration tools such as PowerShell (PowerCLI), Python, Ansible.
• VCP 6 Preferred
• Cisco CCNA data center preferred
Valid Through: 2019-10-17