Provides administrative support in a staff capacity to a diverse functional area or business group by directing such activities as budget planning and control, personnel administration, training, communications and workflow procedures. Identifies, coordinates and implements numerous projects/programs to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of operations and service. Provides support and advice to management. Resolves complex problems, many of which do not have easily definable solutions.
- Ensures compliance with organization policies/procedures and regulatory agencies; effective utilization of personnel, materials, space and equipment; and effective customer service.
- Recommends and implements internal policies and procedures. Interprets and applies company policies/procedures.
- Manages the budget to meet the fiscal goals for capital, payroll and non-payroll expenses; performs financial and staffing analysis.
- Coordinates reconciliation of accounts and budget reporting requirements.
- Advises management of serious variances; recommends and implements solutions.
- May include managing complex transfer pricing agreements.
- Supervises multiple ancillary functions, such as secretarial support, systems development, communications and training.
- In addition, provides human resources support to the entire functional area, including managing the hiring, salary determination and performance evaluation processes.
- Directs the units participation in diversity employment programs.
- May compile statistics and produce reports (EEO/AA) for human resources and management.
- Facilitates/administers training and educational programs, such as professional development, systems training and train-the-trainer programs.
- May conduct training sessions.
- Identifies service and operational problems and issues; provides project management support to identify, research, develop and implement solutions.
- Edits/produces any organizational unit communications, such as newsletters and directories. Represents the organizational unit on administrative matters.
- Establishes partnerships with other functional areas and/or regions.
- Provides consultation to project teams working on region-wide and/or inter-regional projects.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing a multi-disciplinary staff of professionals, technical and non-exempt employees.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- May require minimum three (3) years of experience in functional area.
- Ability to adapt to constantly shifting priorities in managing a wide-range of projects
- Team player, tactful and diplomatic.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Basic user knowledge of computer systems/MS Office applications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.