Illumina is seeking an Administrative Partner who will support the Head of Corporate and Business Development (CBD). The role will be based out of Illumina’s i3 campus in San Diego. This person will help ensure the prioritization of the Head of CBD’s schedule to ensure the best use of time, prioritizing critical meetings and events, and helping drive actions to impact the overall success of the CBD organization and Illumina.
All About You
Desired Competencies and Characteristics:
- Highly detail-oriented and conscientious
- Collaborative, with strong teamwork orientation
- High degree of integrity and accountability
- Self-aware, able to show a flexible communication style and build strong relationships
- Strong professionalism; ability to maintain a calm demeanor under pressure
- Openness to change, flexibility and desire to learn and grow
- Ability to leverage and connect with the right resources to get work done with a creative, positive, problem-solving orientation
- Ability to quickly navigate competing requests and prioritize according to business needs
- Self-starter who is able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate independently and make appropriate administrative decisions on behalf of the Head of CBD and the CBD team
- Strong collaboration skills to work with others to get work completed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive information
- Provides complex, diverse and confidential administrative duties for the Head of CBD and provides support to the CBD team as available.
- Makes administrative decisions, handles correspondence, makes appointments and serves as a liaison with the public; internally and externally, as required.
- Handles functional and employee details of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions and meetings.
- Coordinates, creates, edits and assembles slides for presentations and provides assistance with collecting and effectively presenting executive-level information.
- Arranges department and group meetings ensuring all necessary information is available for discussion; helps track department level projects, activities and results.
- Coordinates domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Assists with the tracking and submission of expense reports.
- Utilizes appropriately in-depth knowledge of organizational operations, policies and procedures.
- Schedules meetings and organize conference rooms across multiple sites and time zones.
- Captures meeting notes and action items and assist the team to drive them to closure.
- Organizes group meetings and events, both on site and off site. Is responsible for setting up the meetings and coordinating all aspects of the meeting/events.
- Maintains responsibility as the main point of contact for the Head of CBD when planning to attend conferences, being responsible for travel and registration along with coordination of meeting schedules and related events.
- 6 years of administrative experience in a mid- to large-sized company, experience supporting executives at the VP+ level.
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive information.
- High level of proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working experience with video conferencing tools (e.g., WebEx, BlueJeans, etc.).
- Experience with calendar management, project meeting and event planning execution, preparation of executive level presentations, travel and expense report administration.
- Prefer a Bachelor’s with degrees in English, Communications, Marketing or any other relevant degree; High School diplomarequired.